M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

New ML350 - Various question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New ML350 - Various question

I have not posted in a while. Just picked up a 2013 ML350 yesterday. What a change over my trusted 2003 ML. I am getting familiar with it and had some questions...

Got the free trial of MBrace2 and apps. Wondering what would be different when they expire. Is the app subscription just Internet access? I have read several threads regarding iPhone tethering and wonder if it is better than the app subscription or do you lose features? Apps seem very slow... Will never use Facebook app, at least I can not see why. Anyone making good use of them?

Weather is nice, never had Sirius before, also nice.

The mbrace iPhone app is nice for sending addresses to the car. Can that be done from a website as well?

Keyless start (and possibly entry) I do not have it, can I add it?

Phone book can not hold all my contacts? I would just use my iPhone/Siri to dial.... Am I missing out.

Bluetooth iPhone connect does not show album artwork, does the connector cable have more features? Better in any way? I have streamed pandora over Bluetooth, will that work over cable?

Did not get mud flaps. The Mercedes installed mud flaps on my 2003 did not last over time. Lost 3 of the 4. (No offload, just suburban driving) I have the side step bar, are the flaps worth getting?

The iPhone integration seems very nice. I plugged the iphone cable into the usb for charging. is their a way to keep the outlet live when the car is off? my 2003 had a hot charger on the passenger side.

It has a back up camera, but curious what a 360 camera is...

Tire pressure is 41-42 on all 4 tires since a few minutes after leaving the dealer. Seems to show a warning icon and I get a message on the cluster display that pressure is low. Dealer said tires are filled with nitrogen? Do I go back to top off or add air?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM

coche
Originally Posted by KevinL
It has a back up camera, but curious what a 360 camera is...

surround view camera. I don't think it's added to the ML in the USA until 2014. It's in some GL's now and possibly some international models of the ML.

sourced from here: https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...-camera-2.html
Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 PM

That is interesting....

I do think more Mercedes owners would prefer smart phone Internet integration than a 360 camera.