M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Drivers Assistance Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2013 | 05:52 PM

ml350
Drivers Assistance Package

I need to verify something for ordering a MY14 ML350.

If I order the Drivers Assistance Package(997) I assume that includes the Lane Tracking Package(993) with Blind Spot Assist overtaking sensor; Lane departure warning

Thanks
Old 08-07-2013 | 07:23 PM

ML 350 Bluetec
It's even better than that. You get the Active versions of each, so the system will not only alert you with a beep, it will also brake to pull you away from the perceived collision/lane change.

In practice, I find the Active Blindspot Assist valuable, but turned off the Active feature of the Lane Assist.

I found that the Active Lane Assist would brake to pull me away from crossing the solid line, when, in fact, I actually wanted to cross the line. This would happen when taking a smoother 'line' through offramps or when sliding to the right to let a motorcycle pass on a narrow road.

All told, though, I really do like the package with these features and the distance based cruise control, and think its worth the extra dollars.

Dave
Old 08-12-2013 | 02:23 PM

2023 E450W, 2020 GLC300
This is a great package. We have it on my wife's E350, and ordered it on my MY14 ML350. I'm a careful driver, and I've had some advanced driver training, but I'm also getting older. I'm not afraid to use all the help I can get. If the DAP works just one time when it is really needed, it's money well spent.

In SoCal stop-and-go traffic, it makes driving much more relaxed.

I don't think I'll ever buy another car without this level of technical assistance.
Old 08-13-2013 | 02:13 AM

2016 GL 450
I love all aspects of the package. As 340z noted, you'll want to modify your driving habits for lane departure (or disable the feature). I just tap my turn signal whenever I'm crossing a solid line; it's not a bad habit to begin with, and the system does not attempt to interfere.

Dynamic cruise is probably going to become a standard safety option for most cars within a few years. It's that helpful. The stress reduction alone is enough for me, though.