M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Xzilon +??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML350 4MATIC
Xzilon +??

My dealership is recommending I invest in Xzilon + 5 Year Paint Protection.

The brochure claims it resists:

Bird Dropping, Water Spotting, Rust Spots, Tree Sap, Graffiti, Industrial Fallout, Acid Rain, Oxidation & Fading, reduced brake dust on wheels

It also features:

Fabric & Carpet protection to increase the tensile strength of the fabric to protect against water and oil-based spills as well as Mink Oil for the leather seats (I did upgrade to the leather multi-contour) to keep it soft and protect against fading and weather aging.

It claims it helps prevent minor dings and dents from things like shopping carts by adding a layer onto the paint. It is not silicon or teflon based, but apparently molecular adhesion, whatever that means.

Advice?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
Originally Posted by kedmund
My dealership is recommending I invest in Xzilon + 5 Year Paint Protection.

The brochure claims it resists:

Bird Dropping, Water Spotting, Rust Spots, Tree Sap, Graffiti, Industrial Fallout, Acid Rain, Oxidation & Fading, reduced brake dust on wheels

It also features:

Fabric & Carpet protection to increase the tensile strength of the fabric to protect against water and oil-based spills as well as Mink Oil for the leather seats (I did upgrade to the leather multi-contour) to keep it soft and protect against fading and weather aging.

It claims it helps prevent minor dings and dents from things like shopping carts by adding a layer onto the paint. It is not silicon or teflon based, but apparently molecular adhesion, whatever that means.

Advice?
A friend of mine got it for her Buick and I don't see it much difference than regular paint sealant. You are actually paying the money on paint warranty. If you read the contract very closely, there are many ways Xzilon can void the warranty...

If you still want one, another option is get it on eBay..... for $25.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 CLK 55AMG
Just wax your car once a year. For fabric you can spray on 3M fabic protector. Modern paints already have a thick clear coat that will let you buff out small scratches. If you wash it regularly with a car soap that contains a wax, and give it a good waxing once a year. Your paint will keep its showroom shine for many years.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 AM

2014 ML350 4MATIC
Thanks for the insight!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:47 AM

2014 ML-350 Bluetec, 2006 Toyota Tundra
My Dad always told me that you can never have enough tensil strength or molecular adhesion.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:46 PM

2013 CLS550 2000 ML63
Im going to have my front end 3M wrapped
Old 08-22-2013, 04:36 PM

2014 ML350 4MATIC
I think I'm going to go with Xpel Ultimate and wrap a LOT of the vehicle, depending on price. Bumper, Whole hood, A pillars, mirrors, doors, etc.

Also, the place that does this, also tints windows, treats fabric & leather & details. They are going to be "my guys" when it comes to keeping my car in good condition in and out
Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
#M Ventureshield ofers better protection than Xpel - Xpel is good for installers since the pre-cut kits install a bit better since Xpel is a little easier to handle install wide.

Your "best" protection is handcut 3M Ventureshield from a expereinced installer - MUCH better than pre-cut kits in either Ventureshield or Xpel