M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

"SECRET" MB FACTORY OPTIONS ON NEW ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,655 Likes on 2,091 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
"SECRET" MB FACTORY OPTIONS ON NEW ML

I call them "SECRET" options, as they are not mentioned on the MBUSA website, you cannot add them when you go to "BUILD" your ML on their site and I do not believe they are mentioned in the brochure.

The one I am most interested to know about, is what is called the "Dynamic Handling Package," which is supposed to include the AirMatic suspension and the Active Curve System.

I am going to order a new ML soon, here in Southern California and I would very much appreciate any info on this and any of the other "secret" options.

Thanks,

Streamliner
Old 11-15-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
Refer to the ML order guide in post # 12 in this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...ing-guide.html

Anything with "special order" or "SPC" in it won't show up on the MBUSA website and is available only with a special order placed through your local dealer.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550, 2010 GL Bluetec
I went over the "secret options" very carefully, and got a couple of them on my special order 2014 ML350, said to be arriving this upcoming week (ordered 3 months ago!). I am moving from a top-loaded 2010 E550 (want to be able to move 2 big dogs AND people around at the same time!) - so have a lot of experience with the top-end MB reportoire of options.

I decided not to get a ML550, if I want a snazy sports sedan engine, I would buy a snazy sports sedan, in my mind it just doesn't make sense to have that in an SUV - and I actually liked the driving/power of the ML350 when I test-drove it - but hey, I understand others view it differently - so more power to you!

So what I got - and didn't get with explanations:

1) 4-Matic
(I live in the mountains - lots of snow in the Winter! - I don't even think they sell non-4-matics in my area!))

2) Lunar blue w/Anthracite Poplar Wood
(I love blue)

3) P01 package
(I am a sucker for gadgets and comfort! - if the price is right!)

3) MB-Tex
(I have big dogs, my wife's GL has MB tex and it is clearly as durable, if not more durable, good looking and better suited for the dogs as the basic leather in my E550 - further more - when test driving the ML, the sales guy had to put his face all the way to the seat before being able to tell whether it was MB Tex or leather!)

4) Passenger seat w/memory & lumbar support
(Gotta keep the wife happy)

5) Heated/cooled front cup holders
(Even if they don't work - for $180 being able to impress friends and others when telling them about this gadget? - few things are cheaper!)

6) Lighting package
(More for the appearance and Bi-Xenon - Never found the Active curve illumination and highbeam asssist useful on the E550)

7) On/Off Road package w/Airmatic
(Have a house in Moab and like to take the dogs out on trails that require some light 4-wheeling/high clearance, have no problems acknowledging that going out on advanced 4-wheel trails will be ill-adviced!)

8) Harman Logic7 SS
(see 3 - liked it in the E550)

9) Keyless Go
(See 3 - liked it in the E550)

10) Parking Assist Package (Parktronic/Active Parking Assist)
(getting older and feel the pinch in my neck when parking in tight quaters)

11) Driver Assist Package w/Distronic Plus
(loved that in the E550 - and probably was a major reason to saving my behind a couple of times)

I did not get the contour seats (requires leather and while they were fun in my E550 --> not enough to pluck down > $1000 in an SUV

I did not get night vision (always felt that was an overpaid option in my E550 as the monitor is so far from the windshield that you can not see out and the monitor at the same time and can not in good conscience rely on only looking at the monitor and if not able to do that, it defeats the purpose of early detection of i.e. people)

I did not get the upgraded wheels/Sport package as I do intend to take it off road I want the thicker tires w/19 inch rims

I did not get the rear entertainment - totally overpriced combined with the dogs (who are the most frequent occupants not able to verbalize if they disagree!)

I did not get the "fluff appearances" (spoilers, various AMG appearance upgrades, snazy interior options (other than the cupholders!) - too much for too little benefit IMHO. Never felt the ventilated seats in my 550 made much difference, heat in the steeringwheel etc? - what that would accomplish I think I accomplished for much less money (see 5)) , didn't get the 3-zone AC (my wife has that in her GL) - I think the dual zone is plenty for a small interior as is in the ML - etc. etc.

By the way, final price for this build was 67,040 including delivery, price paid: $ 62040 (3,000 off the MRSP by the dealer, $2000 off by a corporate agreement between my professional organization and MB)

Lease price for 36m with $5000 cash up-front including pre-paid service x3: $ 891/m . Not sure, but do believe that is a decent-to-good deal

FWIW
Old 11-24-2013, 06:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Defender 90/360 Modena/2012 MLBTC on order
Sounds perfect Canyon. Love that blue...the HK is very impressive in the ML.

Post a pic of your dogs plz

Last edited by Waykool plantz; 11-24-2013 at 06:46 AM.