Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
What dealer is this from?
Old 12-16-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
Originally Posted by hutch300
What dealer is this from?
I would respectfully defer from disclosing their name until it is clear that they will not address all issues, at which point I will name and shame them using the professional vocabulary and approved language.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
997 C4S; ML350
Originally Posted by Terminator2029
Hey firefox2000!

Wow! What a mess! Hope you reflected your experience in the after-sale survey, which I'm personally looking forward to completing myself soon.

The above is exactly why I don't want to authorize doing any minor repairs. No guarantee that nothing else (i.e. something bigger) surface in additional damages.
um don't get your hopes up that the after sale survey will result in anything. I complained that I was given 24 hours to come to the dealership to pick up the car or they were going to sell it to the next customer and a couple of other things. At the end of the survey, the operator said thanks and glad that it was a good buying experience. I then said, no it wasn't that great, was somebody going to call me to explain, she said no she didn't think so. No follow up on that at all. I think they throw the bad surveys away.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML550 2014 CLS550
I agree, after shelling out that kind of cash for a flagship brand only to get damaged goods is insane. My own experience with two new vehicle deliveries over the past 13 months has been excellent. Waited almost 6 mos for one of the first MY 13 ML550's to be built and the vehicle is rock solid. Last week I purchased a 14 CLS550 out of inventory and the car once again was spotless except for the interior rear window which I cleaned properly at home the next day. I have owned 8 different MB vehicles and have always been impressed with the fact that I never had to return to the dealer with any of them for repairs/ adjustments other than scheduled services. I guess the boys in AL must have partied a little too hard the night before your build. I really hope your dealer steps up and makes it right!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Black ML350 4Matic
I was thinking the same thing that nothing is going to come out of the survey not that I'm expecting them to give me anything. Someone from the dealer actually called but I wasn't around to pick it up. They wanted to ask me about my sales experience and if it was less than exceptional said to call the sales manager which they gave me the number for. They reminded me that I'll get a survey over email and to fill it out. Anyway I do want to say what I feel but then my thought is they do have to service my car going forward and don't want any mysterious things coming up. haha
Old 12-17-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
In this instance, it is clearly a dealer problem nothing to do with the MB quality issues IMO. With my ml63 everything is perfect inside out I drove around 15'000 miles already and everything is really great! (only the wipers were changed). I track and use my ml63 sometimes agressively so I ain't driving like a grampa lol

You will really enjoy your ml63 in the future no doubt, HOWEVER, the issues you adressed must be resolved first by your dealer
It is really unacceptable because all the issues that happend are 100% his fault and they need to find a solution asap!

What is the dealer saying at the moment?

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 12-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 AM

2014 MB ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
In this instance, it is clearly a dealer problem nothing to do with the MB quality issues IMO.

What is the dealer saying at the moment?
Your partially right there, remember he had a plastic engine cover when he clearly ordered and paid for a CF cover with the P30 package. That is all factory assembly line issue right there. If the supplier is behind on manufacturing then there should have been some type of documentation that came with it to prove so and given him a ETA on when he could receive it. It does not help that the salesman tried to snake his way out of it but that is an MB issue not dealer. EVO didn't you say you were the missing red calipers?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 AM

ML63
I can confirm that I received no communication (either written or verbal, format or informal) at the time of delivery regarding the substitution of the carbon fiber engine cover with its plastic version. I only discovered the substitution later on. Being under implicit trust to the brand, I didn’t look under the hood right on the dealer’s premises.

What pisses me off with this story is that the dealership initially attempted to contest my inquiry pertaining to the wrong engine cover by attempting to convince me that this is just a different texture of carbon fiber. I received these words directly from the dealer’s principal (owner).

In summary, the undisclosed substitution and its misrepresentation on the paper (the sticker) provide an example of ethically questionable practice of a manufacturer misrepresenting or misleading a customer about the characteristics of their product.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:56 AM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Unfortunately with a lot (most) dealers, all they (sales) care about is making a sale and on to the next customer. If there is an issue, very rarely do you have sales stepping up to the plate and help the customer, they just refer you to their service department. You would think that MB would be different since they are selling an upscale brand, but they're not. I like the experience of buying a new car, but HATE the interaction with most salespeople!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:29 PM

ML63
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
Unfortunately with a lot (most) dealers, all they (sales) care about is making a sale and on to the next customer. If there is an issue, very rarely do you have sales stepping up to the plate and help the customer, they just refer you to their service department. You would think that MB would be different since they are selling an upscale brand, but they're not. I like the experience of buying a new car, but HATE the interaction with most salespeople!
One observation as it relates to the sales experience with my dealership. Before the delivery date, my sales rep who is also in charge of the AMG Performance Center, was very responsive – always picked up his mobile phone, promptly answered emails, followed up when promised. Once I drove away from their premises, it has become increasingly hard to reach out to him – he stopped answering my emails or phone calls from me, any follows-ups ceased to exist.

This seems to be in line with what folks are saying, however one does not expect this from a company who claims to be proudly representing the Mercedes Benz brand.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:44 PM

ML63
A recent example from a few minutes ago. Called my sales rep from my mobile, no response. Called again from a number he doesn’t know about, he picks up the phone almost immediately. Hang up and called again from my mobile - no answer.

On my email "Please call me back ASAP" he responded "Sorry I am out the loop". Clearly, no interest in making things right.

It is now "funny" to recall all the songs he was singing about exceptional customer service and how they take care of their customers. These songs I listened to before I committed myself to a purchase.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:53 PM

2014 MB ML63 AMG
A recent example from a few minutes ago. Called my sales rep from my mobile, no response. Called again from a number he doesn’t know about, he picks up the phone almost immediately. Hang up and called again from my mobile - no answer.

On my email "Please call me back ASAP" he responded "Sorry I am out the loop". Clearly, no interest in making things right.

It is now "funny" to recall all the songs he was singing about exceptional customer service and how they take care of their customers. These songs I listened to before I committed myself to a purchase.
I would suggest you register on the AMG private lounge and find the VP of AMG product design??, I think his name is William Vetter?? and he may need to get involved. When the dealer no longer wants to help you or plays unavailable you have to take things up the ladder.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Yup go to MB AMG lounge and start posting your experiences...
Old 12-17-2013, 03:28 PM

ML63
I’m still hoping we can resolve everything in a professional manner; however when I have the AMG Performance Center manager (!!!) at the dealership telling me that he does not want to be involved and dropping of the call, I will soon have no options but to seek the MBUSA and AMG executive level awareness of the entire story that went terribly wrong despite small scale of issues being experienced.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:07 PM

997 C4S; ML350
this is so disgraceful. MB should be ashamed that they are treating a valued customer this way. You should write a letter and call corporate about this.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:19 PM

Mercedes Evo II
If only i could disagree your post is just the very sad truth
Old 12-17-2013, 04:24 PM

Mercedes Evo II
I’m still hoping we can resolve everything in a professional manner; however when I have the AMG Performance Center manager (!!!) at the dealership telling me that he does not want to be involved and dropping of the call, I will soon have no options but to seek the MBUSA and AMG executive level awareness of the entire story that went terribly wrong despite small scale of issues being experienced.
Damn this is really unacceptable from your Mb dealer once again

I agree with Nanook you should register to the amg pl on top of mbusa. And like chrisMclassbsaid you need to contact Wiliam Vetter he works for amg
Old 12-17-2013, 05:17 PM

ML63
The dealership’s AMG sales manager who simply hung up and didn’t want to discuss the problematic situation over the phone today has demonstrated some disgraceful elements of behavior that are not acceptable for a person in a professional standing, most importantly for an individual in customer-facing role with customer-centric responsibilities.

However, at this point, I’m willing to give the dealership some reasonable time to agree on the acceptable resolution. Should they fail to do so, I’m going to invest the appropriate resources and legal instruments within my consumer rights to bring the appropriate level of visibility and publicity about my journey as a Mercedes Benz customer.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Mercedes Evo II

However, at this point, I’m willing to give the dealership some reasonable time to agree on the acceptable resolution. Should they fail to do so, I’m going to invest the appropriate resources and legal instruments within my consumer rights to bring the appropriate level of visibility and publicity about my journey as a Mercedes Benz customer.
Well done is all I can add because if the same thing happend to me...I would have lost it and punched the guy first lol j/k

While you wait for a response, in the meantime please do the first 1'500km so you can use the full throttle and S mode! You will really start loving your beast trust me!! The w166 is such an incredible, fast and great handling suv you will fall in love again

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 12-17-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 PM

ML63
Well, if things continue traveling in the PFO direction with my dealership, you will find my car stationed 24x7 next to their main entrance with a big banner attached to it saying "A pissed off customer. See this link for details"
Old 12-17-2013, 11:06 PM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
If only i could disagree your post is just the very sad truth
As you can see on my profile, I no longer have my E63 but a BMW X5 50i which I will be trading this year either for a new BMW or a MB ML550. I love the AMG version of the ML series, but can't afford all of the bells and whistles that I want, so the next best thing is the ML550 (with a tune!!).

That said, I have had almost the same issues that the OP has had, not in the sense of the specific problems, but other problems that the salesman who sold me the car said that "we will support you and make sure you are satisfied in everyway". well that lasted until I drove my car off the lot. I had issues with brakes, a serious hesitation that was never corrected, so on and so forth.

Unfortunately when you look at performance SUV vehicles, there really are only a few. Dodge tries hard with their SRT SUV but it's over $72,000 and for that I would rather have the MB tuned! Hopefully this dealership will step up and givethe type of service that one expects from an upscale manufacturer, and if it doesn't work, I would mail MBUSA and get on the AMG board and seek help .
Old 12-17-2013, 11:31 PM

997 C4S; ML350
As you can see on my profile, I no longer have my E63 but a BMW X5 50i which I will be trading this year either for a new BMW or a MB ML550. I love the AMG version of the ML series, but can't afford all of the bells and whistles that I want, so the next best thing is the ML550 (with a tune!!).

That said, I have had almost the same issues that the OP has had, not in the sense of the specific problems, but other problems that the salesman who sold me the car said that "we will support you and make sure you are satisfied in everyway". well that lasted until I drove my car off the lot. I had issues with brakes, a serious hesitation that was never corrected, so on and so forth.

Unfortunately when you look at performance SUV vehicles, there really are only a few. Dodge tries hard with their SRT SUV but it's over $72,000 and for that I would rather have the MB tuned! Hopefully this dealership will step up and givethe type of service that one expects from an upscale manufacturer, and if it doesn't work, I would mail MBUSA and get on the AMG board and seek help .
Really? Ever think about a Porsche Cayenne? The feel of this car is amazing for an SUV. The Cayenne S and the GTS may not be as fast as the ML63 in a straight line but I wouldn't consider them slow either. Based on my experience with my ML350 and C4S, I'd say that the Porsche experience is far superior. Sounds like the OP hasn't had a great experience with MB either. I really think that what they did is shameful (selling u a car that didn't have all the parts installed and then not telling u). To add insult to injury, they won't return his phone calls trying to get this resolved after he drops over 100k on a car. Personally I am done with MB.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 PM

ML63
I was actually choosing between the fully loaded Cayenne Turbo S and ML63 AMG.

I stopped my choice on the AMG because (among other reasons such as good reviews and 5-star safety rating) my sales rep (yes, the one that does not return my calls anymore) convinced me that they have the world's best engineering team and their customers service is second to none.

The latter has now revealed itself as an ultimate lie, unless proven otherwise.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:55 AM

997 C4S; ML350
I was actually choosing between the fully loaded Cayenne Turbo S and ML63 AMG.

I stopped my choice on the AMG because (among other reasons such as good reviews and 5-star safety rating) my sales rep (yes, the one that does not return my calls anymore) convinced me that they have the world's best engineering team and their customers service is second to none.

The latter has now revealed itself as an ultimate lie, unless proven otherwise.
um, no comment.... I think the deafening silence from MB speaks for itself. Once MB told my wife to come back later in the day to pick up a loaner car. When she got there they had 2 but said they were reserved for other customers. My wife threw a fit and she called for a manager and he begrudgingly gave her a car and then rolled his eyes in front of her. Now that's good customer service, NOT!

on a more serious side, I really hope that MB steps up and makes you whole. GL!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Frankly, not really much here so far about developing mutually agreed expectations on how to move correct cosmetic issues - the "major" of the pack being the availability date of the correct cosmetic engine cover - which was unfortunate - and not caught on dealer n delivery.

If you want to be pro-active - then with the "list" - and what you want to see done, and when, for corrective - call MB Customer Service tomorrow which stars a 2nd channel back into the dealership for action from MB Customer Service - which is logged, and followed thru by MB Corp thru dealer upper management. I suggest this to you as a channel that I expect will be more effective for you - again stating with the bullet list of open corrective issues to MB Customer Service.

You have a great MB, and it is my sincere hope you can get thru this effective to enjoy the open road..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2014 ML63 Build Quality - Disappointed!