The train derailed; now I have to wait even longer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 03:00 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
The Emerald Cruiser - my 2024 GLE 350
The train derailed; now I have to wait even longer

Aloha everyone,

I got the unfortunate news from my sales rep that the train, on which my ML350 was being transported, derailed and mine was one of the four vehicles either damaged or totaled . That means that I'll have to wait even longer to get my ML350. Mine was part of a dealer-ordered shipment, but there may be another such shipment that can arrive before a custom order. My sales rep knows what I want on my car, and is trying to get another one in the dealership order.

I don't know when I'm going to get my ML350, but the original arrival date was close to my birthday and I was getting a bit excited. Oh well, I'll still get one, but I'll just have to wait a little longer.

Has anyone else suffered a train derailment on their shipment? I was just wondering.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Wow are you serious
That really sucks!

If that's of any help the ship on which my ml was got stuck at the customs and i had to wait an extra month
Old 12-22-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
Wow are you serious
That really sucks!

If that's of any help the ship on which my ml was got stuck at the customs and i had to wait an extra month
Isn't it amazing that a "German" product can get delayed enroute to Switzerland by a ship delay? Yes, I know, it's assembled in the USA and has to be shipped to locations around the world even though it's a Mercedes Benz.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
The Emerald Cruiser - my 2024 GLE 350
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
Wow are you serious
That really sucks!

I was told that my ML would be transported by rail to California, then put on a ship for transport to Hawaii. Oddly enough, unless they don't care about their online presence, my ML is still listed on their website (they put the VIN in with the description). It my ML is still listed after next week, I'll have to ask about it. I'm really bummed about it, but the dealership here may get another order shipped out before I could have a custom order shipped out. I may get lucky again, with the dealership ordering an ML close to what I would have ordered, at least that's the hope.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by bud.jones
Has anyone else suffered a train derailment on their shipment? I was just wondering.
No, train derailments unfortunately happen but I haven't heard of anyone (before you) directly being affected by it in the way of losing a car for which they were waiting.

It reminds me of the Cougar Ace and the 4,703 Mazdas that had to be crushed, though. I don't know anyone who was waiting for one of those Mazdas but it's a fascinating story.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...n-snafu-at-sea
http://www.wired.com/science/discove...urrentPage=all