M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Snow driving: airmatic, comfort or sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gl350bt
Snow driving: airmatic, comfort or sport

Greetings. This is my first winter with my 2014 ML350BT. It came equipped with airmatic and 20" AMG wheels. My question is, what mode do you guys prefer driving in snow? I found that I slide a bit in comfort mode, whereas I get more traction in sport mode. Which I find odd.
My old vehicle was a 2011 GL350 BT, which also had airmatic, but it had a button for rough terrain that I would drive in when there was deep snow, and that SUV would perform great! But I don't have any actual settings to adjust for snow or rough terrain with the new ML, so I figured I would ask the community their thoughts.

Thank you!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ML350 BT soon......pleeeease. GOT IT NOW....Wooooo
Originally Posted by knass34
Greetings. This is my first winter with my 2014 ML350BT. It came equipped with airmatic and 20" AMG wheels. My question is, what mode do you guys prefer driving in snow? I found that I slide a bit in comfort mode, whereas I get more traction in sport mode. Which I find odd.
My old vehicle was a 2011 GL350 BT, which also had airmatic, but it had a button for rough terrain that I would drive in when there was deep snow, and that SUV would perform great! But I don't have any actual settings to adjust for snow or rough terrain with the new ML, so I figured I would ask the community their thoughts.

Thank you!
Really !! Airmatic and no off-road setting to raise vehicle height.....wow !
Glad I have 2013 then.

Lee
Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 AM

gl350bt
Originally Posted by MLee
Really !! Airmatic and no off-road setting to raise vehicle height.....wow !
Glad I have 2013 then.

Lee
My apologies, I'd assumed all airmatic SUVs came with the ability to raise the vehicle, which will lower automatically once you've reached 70km/h. But you still need to have the vehicle in either sport or comfort mode. Just not sure which one is ideal for snow driving.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ML350 BT soon......pleeeease. GOT IT NOW....Wooooo
Originally Posted by knass34
My apologies, I'd assumed all airmatic SUVs came with the ability to raise the vehicle, which will lower automatically once you've reached 70km/h. But you still need to have the vehicle in either sport or comfort mode. Just not sure which one is ideal for snow driving.
The raised "off road" setting overrides sport/comfort, so no decision to make if you want the extra clearance.

Lee
Old 01-23-2014, 04:25 AM

gl350bt
Originally Posted by MLee
The raised "off road" setting overrides sport/comfort, so no decision to make if you want the extra clearance.

Lee
That's great to know. Thank you!