M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

multiple security deposits??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML
multiple security deposits??

Anyone have experience with multiple security deposits on a MB lease? I tried to do this during my last lease but the finance person told me that I could not qualify for this because I was receiving the top money factor rate. Not sure if that is a valid statement or not. Im dealing with a dealership in MD; apparently it can differ from state to state.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
Explain "Multiple Security Deposits"

I have not lease in a long time but there was just one security deposit when I did
Old 06-12-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E89 Z4
"I tried to do this during my last lease but the finance person told me that I could not qualify for this "

"this" means what here?
Old 06-12-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML
Originally Posted by squid23
"I tried to do this during my last lease but the finance person told me that I could not qualify for this "

"this" means what here?
I was told that because I qualified for the super tier money factor, that I was not eligible for multiple security deposits. I assume based on that statement that if my credit score only qualified me for a money factor one or two tiers below, then I would be able to use MSDs to lower my money factor.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:45 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by ML_GL
I was told that because I qualified for the super tier money factor, that I was not eligible for multiple security deposits. I assume based on that statement that if my credit score only qualified me for a money factor one or two tiers below, then I would be able to use MSDs to lower my money factor.
Interesting coming across this as the wife and I were just saying that while we got a good deal on our ML, it wasn't as great of a deal as it probably could've been if I had done more research. How does MB handle MSD's? I'm already not liking that you can't use them because you already have the best MF. I just leased a BMW and was able to to get the base MF rate, then use MSD's to lower it even further.