M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

"Fun" with my ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
"Fun" with my ML

Two weeks ago took my '13 ML350BTC for it's regularly scheduled service. Everything completed on time. A week after getting it back, noticed a grinding noise coming from the rear when I applied the brakes.

I called Roadside Assistance which came out and inspected the car. Found that the left rear brake pad was completely gone and the left front was almost gone. The pads on the right side were fine. They recommended that it be towed back to the dealership, which it was the following morning.

They plugged the car into the computer and reported that the electronic parking brake had applied itself slightly ("to the first click") without turning the parking brake light on. They replaced all four brake pads and rotors, and as a courtesy replaced the two front tires which were starting to show signs of wear at the edges. (I was going to replace them shortly.) They told me not to set the ebrake while I was on a scheduled two-week trip, and that they had ordered a part from Germany to correct the parking brake turning itself on.

Everything was back to normal and I left on my trip. On the second day, the "AddBlue" message came on. Called the dealership and was told to take it to the closest MB dealer, which turned out to be less than 2 miles away. My dealership called the out-of-town dealership and said I was coming and what the problem was. When I arrived, an SA and technician were standing by on the service drive and quickly pulled the car into the service bay.

They discovered that indeed it was almost completely out of DEF and refilled the reservoir.

The next morning, started the car and the parking brake light was on, even though I didn't set it the night before. Also, the Add Coolant message came on the dash. By visually checking the coolant reservoir, discovered that it was in fact low and added coolant. Called my dealership and reported what had transpired.

The service manager apologized and said that he would review the video of my car being serviced. Evidently they videotape everything that goes on when your car is being serviced.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the trip will be uneventful, but the past two weeks have been interesting.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
I am coming up for my very first service on my ML350BT and after reading this . . . . . .
Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
Originally Posted by GregGebhardt
I am coming up for my very first service on my ML350BT and after reading this . . . . . .
On my first service on my '14 they forgot to fill the DEF. I noticed this on the" items checked form" they gave me after the service. My second or 20K service went off without a hitch. I've regained confidence in my dealer now.

Double check the 'check list' they give you after the service has been done.

That said, after the second serice I went home and poured three quarters of a gallon in the DEF service port to fill it up the the tippy top.

And while here.........I drove twelve K on the first DEF service and didn't get any notice on the instrument cluster about being low etc. So It seems that the DEF is indeed good for the 10 K they claim...plus some.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
I chickened out and bought two large containers of the DEF at 5k and topped off then.

I will check the list as you suggested. All has worked so perfectly.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
Haven't heard back on what the service manager found on the video. Now the rain sensing wipers have taken on a mind of their own. Our vacation has taken us to Montana where it's been raining the last few days (and on the trip up here). The wipers start as they should when it begins to rain, but they continue to get faster and faster, even though it's not raining that hard. Even after it stops raining the wipers are going to bats out of hell and I have to shut them off manually. I'm leaving that problem until we get home.

We dropped my mother-in-law's E320CDI off at the local dealership in Missoula this morning. They had a C300 as a loaner, but as soon as I got in noticed that the TPMS showed the right rear tire was at 26 pounds and there was a message saying to check the left rear tail and stop signals. On the plus side, a D service was only $250.