M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

2012 Airmatic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML-350, Audi Q7, Ford Taurus
2012 Airmatic

Picking up 2012 ML-350 loaded with airmatic this weekend.
I know it will automatically adjust the height based on speed, however
- What's the lowest I can make it? Highest? Can I drive at the lowest all the time?
- Loading, is there a way or hack to make it lower when i'm loading passengers or trunk?
- I heard there is a special switch for changing tires, i'm not seeing this anywhere... is there?

my first car with airmatic, looking forward to it.. I think i'll leave it at sports most of the time
Old 08-06-2014, 05:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
MB allows few user adjustments....

There is a button on the console that when pushed will raise the body height. The rest is controlled by the vehicle without any user adjustments except the comfort and sport settings.

The vehicle will not allow you to adjust the height while up to highway speeds and will lower the vehicle per MB programming. I find the height adjustments to be slow in comparison to my LX570.

Switch to lower for loading? Not that I know of.

I do use the Sport setting when I have a need but for highway use the comfort setting rules for me.

Last edited by GregGebhardt; 08-06-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:16 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
The only time I have ever used the raised setting was to drive down my street after a significant snowfall and I really didn't need to but wanted to try it. Otherwise I leave it in sport and enjoy it. Be prepared for lots of little noises coming from the vehicle when its parked. Every time I go into my garage and get something out of the car when I close the door inevitably I hear some air moving around in the suspension and/or a little whir from an electric motor.

I do love the fact my ML rides level no matter what I have loaded in the back or even towing a trailer.