Dumb question - Adjusting temp while A/C is on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Dumb question - Adjusting temp while A/C is on

Hi all,

I pretty much leave the A/C on at all times due to the infamous stinky sock smell I get if it's off. I just adjust the temperature as needed on the dial while the A/C is on. I don't even adjust it much, it's usually between 68-72 degrees.

My husband swears to me that adjusting the temperature while the A/C button is on "does nothing," but I think it does, even if just a little bit. I have scoured the instruction manual and see nothing from Mercedes to settle this dispute. Anyone?
Old 09-22-2014, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML 350 BT
Your husband it is mistaken. You can and should adjust the temp any time.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please be assured you are using the climate control effectively - glad you love your MB !
Old 09-22-2014, 07:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by southlake
Hi all,

I pretty much leave the A/C on at all times due to the infamous stinky sock smell I get if it's off. I just adjust the temperature as needed on the dial while the A/C is on. I don't even adjust it much, it's usually between 68-72 degrees.

My husband swears to me that adjusting the temperature while the A/C button is on "does nothing," but I think it does, even if just a little bit. I have scoured the instruction manual and see nothing from Mercedes to settle this dispute. Anyone?
You can tell your husband that he is incorrect. How would he explain of when your air is running you crank the temp all the way down and the fan speed increases and it GETS COOLDER in the cabin! What is he thinking?

As far as the "old sock" smell, I will, on occasion, shoot a little Lysol down the air intake in front of the Windshield on my previous vehicles and it would stop what ever was growing in there.

Enjoy!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Thank you everyone! I knew I wasn't imagining things