Heated Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350
Heated Steering wheel

Hi,

Wife just got new 2015 ML350 and while ordering we told salesman we wanted heated steering wheel option, we took possession of ML and overlooked it when it was picked up. Complained to the salesman and he apologized. Said theres no way to add it again.

Would anyone on this board know of a way to add an aftermarket heated steering wheel to my wife's new ML? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Oops...that sucks. Its very important to "check all the options you want before buying". Was it a custom order made for you...? Then too bad..ask them for an extended warranty / maintenance package or so on....an apology won't do. If you just picked one off the lot then nothing much to say. If that feature is critically important to you, then trade the car in with the same dealer and ask for a generous discount deal. (Good luck with that).
We all learn from our mistakes. This forum helps you learn from other's mistakes as well.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:36 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
I'm in the market for an ML as well and don't feel like waiting 3 months to order one with all my desired options. I found one that has many features I am looking for but missing the heated steering wheel. I asked my salesman if it can be added and he said no. Sounds like it can't be done.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:13 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
Lots of choices. Here you go: http://www.thewarmingstore.com/heated-gloves.html.

All kidding aside, no, there is no way to add on a heated steering wheel that I am aware of. I live in Texas but I still order this feature for my cars. During those few days each year when I really want it it is worth its weight in gold because I simply can not stand wearing gloves while driving.