M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Seat adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2014 | 08:41 AM

ML350
Seat adjustment

The bottom of the driver's seat in my 2014 doesn't adjust as much as my 2010. I like the front of the seat bottom (closest to steering wheel) adjusted as high as it goes so I'm sort of leaning back. The 2014 just doesn't come up as far so I feel like I'm leaning forward and sliding toward the steering wheel. Thought about removing bolts and putting one inch spacers under front of seat. Any ideas? No seat pads please.....

I just don't like the feel of the seat when driving. Since March I've logged a total of 905 miles in a loaded ML because of the seats. But I love my 2010 BT with 120K miles. Sometimes I wish the new one was diesel as well, but I was going through the oil cooler seals and AdBlue heater issues when I ordered the new one. So now I'm considering selling it or giving it to my wife.... depends on how many brownie points I can get
Old 10-07-2014 | 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
I like my seat the way you described, but the 2014 ML is acceptable to me.

Spacers sound like a solution, but there's probably a "law of unintended consequences" disaster waiting for you if you do it at home. Like a rail that gets bent or binds, or reduces travel back and forth to the extent that your wife can't get comfortable.

Ask the dealer to do it.