Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Looking for an ML, here is my budget

Hello ladies & gents,

I'm a long time EURO member, owned a couple AMG coupes in the past. I am moving back home to NY in January and will obviously need a new ride. I want to stay in the Mercedes family and the W166 has caught my attention.
FYI I drove my ex gf's fathers ML250 bluetech about a year ago and didn't even notice it was a diesel & another FYI my parents owned a ML270 CDI back in 2004 so I know what a diesel is. Let's just say Mercedes has come a looong way b/c our 270CDI sounded like a proper truck while the new 250BT was extremely smooth and comfortable around the city.

Anyway, I have been looking at 350s but I am a little confused. I see 350 4matic, 350 blueTech & 350 blue efficiency. Is this right?

I have a budget of 40k. What can I expect to purchase for that price? The W166 is fairly new so I hoping to get my hands on a CPO with plenty of warranty.

Also, any of your have tuned your 350's?

TBH I would love to get my hands on a 550 but that might be a little too optimistic for 40k. Your thoughts?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML 550, CLK63 AMG, 2012 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by elijah
Hello ladies & gents,

I'm a long time EURO member, owned a couple AMG coupes in the past. I am moving back home to NY in January and will obviously need a new ride. I want to stay in the Mercedes family and the W166 has caught my attention.
FYI I drove my ex gf's fathers ML250 bluetech about a year ago and didn't even notice it was a diesel & another FYI my parents owned a ML270 CDI back in 2004 so I know what a diesel is. Let's just say Mercedes has come a looong way b/c our 270CDI sounded like a proper truck while the new 250BT was extremely smooth and comfortable around the city.

Anyway, I have been looking at 350s but I am a little confused. I see 350 4matic, 350 blueTech & 350 blue efficiency. Is this right?

I have a budget of 40k. What can I expect to purchase for that price? The W166 is fairly new so I hoping to get my hands on a CPO with plenty of warranty.

Also, any of your have tuned your 350's?

TBH I would love to get my hands on a 550 but that might be a little too optimistic for 40k. Your thoughts?
cars.com and cargurus.com....both will allow you to select options (including cpo) within a mileage range you're willing to look. You can save the search and it will email you daily with new "finds".

I searched nationwide for my cpo ml550, had it inspected and shipped(2,000mi) for less than $1,000 add'l.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by schorert1
cars.com and cargurus.com....both will allow you to select options (including cpo) within a mileage range you're willing to look. You can save the search and it will email you daily with new "finds".

I searched nationwide for my cpo ml550, had it inspected and shipped(2,000mi) for less than $1,000 add'l.
Thanks for the info. Cargurus is exactly what I was looking for. What company did you use for shipping?
Old 10-28-2014, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML 550, CLK63 AMG, 2012 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by elijah
Thanks for the info. Cargurus is exactly what I was looking for. What company did you use for shipping?
In my opinion, there is only ONE company to use for shipping....Montway.com

I've done this three times...the first time I tried one of these sites that posts your job, complete with your cell # and email address on "the board"(uship.com....never never never ever).

NEVER EVER try to post your shipping job on the board using one of these sites. The calls begin approximately five minutes after your job is up....the calls come at a rate of about ten an hour for a week! after that they taper off to about ten a day! it was awful, I almost disconnected my phone.

Montway is fantastic, you pay them a deposit(their cut), they find the driver and he goes and gets the car (usually within a day or two). Coast to coast takes about a week. The driver calls you the day before delivery. You then inspect the car with the driver (I've never found anything not on the bill of lading) and pay him the balance in cash.
Montway is heavily insured.

I live in new england, in a "low salt" area, which means they double up on the road sand. A one year old car in New England looks like it's been sandblasted(it has), hoods always have road rash, the windshields have thousands of little pin sized pits that catch light. Two year old cars from below the snow belt look like they just rolled out of the showroom. For this fact alone it's worth it to buy CPO's online and ship them here.

(if you're looking for one, send an email to JCole2@parkplace.com ..park place in dallas, he sent me a gorgeous ML550. great person to deal with, tell him what you're after.).

Last edited by schorert1; 10-28-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
My 2014 ML350BTC will be available in late December or early January. It will have somewhere around 19,000 miles on it and is loaded; although I'm hoping for a little more than $40k. The window sticker is posted in the Depreciation thread on this forum. Here's the link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...ml#post6205007

Last edited by DUTCH; 10-28-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
Yea so I decided to go with a 2012 CLS550... I am currently negotiating on a blk/blk fully loaded with 34k miles. It's 800miles from home. Hope to seal the deal by the end of the week!!

Thanks for your help guys