M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Satellite Radio question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 MB ML 350
Satellite Radio question

I just picked up my new 2015 ML 350 and I have a question for you in regards to the radio presets for the satellite radio. In previous vehicles I've had you could set a large number of radio presets. But I have poured over the owner's manual and it appears that you can only set 10 preset stations per band (FM, satellite, etc.). 10 presets is fine for FM, but for the satellite radio, I listen to more than 10 stations on a regular basis. Can anyone tell me if you can do more than 10 radio presets for satellite radio? If you can, how do you do it? I have the Premium package and the Harman/Kardon radio system.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML350 Bluetec,2012 C300 4matic sport
I have a 2014 ML350 and just looked at the Command Manuel. I to have HK but cannot find any information on storing more that 10 favorites. If this feature does exist, hopefully someone will respond on how to do this.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by dprice03
I just picked up my new 2015 ML 350 and I have a question for you in regards to the radio presets for the satellite radio. In previous vehicles I've had you could set a large number of radio presets. But I have poured over the owner's manual and it appears that you can only set 10 preset stations per band (FM, satellite, etc.). 10 presets is fine for FM, but for the satellite radio, I listen to more than 10 stations on a regular basis. Can anyone tell me if you can do more than 10 radio presets for satellite radio? If you can, how do you do it? I have the Premium package and the Harman/Kardon radio system.
Bear in mind that you can call up any station by voice. It will tune to a station if you say "Satellite Channel "60s on 6". Note you must use the actual correct name of the station as transmitted by Sirius. If you want to, you can manually tune to a station, say memorize channel, and name it anything you want, then later just say "Channel: "My Wife's stupid music" or whatever you saved it as, instead of the full actual name, and it will tune to that channel.

...so there is no need to have 20 presets.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:36 PM

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
ML350 BLUE TEC
Hopefully for Barry45rpm, his wife does not read this forum.

And you should say " Sattellite Channel "40s on four" instead of 60's on six.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 MB ML 350
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Bear in mind that you can call up any station by voice. It will tune to a station if you say "Satellite Channel "60s on 6". Note you must use the actual correct name of the station as transmitted by Sirius. If you want to, you can manually tune to a station, say memorize channel, and name it anything you want, then later just say "Channel: "My Wife's stupid music" or whatever you saved it as, instead of the full actual name, and it will tune to that channel.

...so there is no need to have 20 presets.
Thanks Barry for your response, I think you're right. When I took delivery of this vehicle on Tuesday and the sales rep did the orientation with the vehicle, it was clear that the voice command function on this vehicle is capable of doing almost everything. That is definitely different than my previous vehicles, so I think if I want to "preset" more than 10 stations, I will need to do it through voice command instead of the traditional radio button number scenario. I'm just going to have to get used to using the voice command function more than I have in past vehicles. In the past, I just used the voice command for the phone aspect.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by dprice03
Thanks Barry for your response, I think you're right. When I took delivery of this vehicle on Tuesday and the sales rep did the orientation with the vehicle, it was clear that the voice command function on this vehicle is capable of doing almost everything. That is definitely different than my previous vehicles, so I think if I want to "preset" more than 10 stations, I will need to do it through voice command instead of the traditional radio button number scenario. I'm just going to have to get used to using the voice command function more than I have in past vehicles. In the past, I just used the voice command for the phone aspect.
In my 07 E 550, the VCA was much more limited in its functions (although it worked well on AM and FM).

I can't tell you how many times I reach for the VCA handle to pull (where our transmission selector stalk is) to initiate a voice command, or how many times I flash my brights reaching for the old location of the cruise control.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
If you are on Sirius then you only have to say "STATION NAME". Example-- "STATION SPA" etc.