Jurassic MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Jurassic MB

I just watch jurassic world. There where a lot of instances that the MB cars was shown as if it was being advertised just like Samsung. From the new GLE coupe to the monster GL 6x6 the cars have a 3-4 seconds of its own movie fame. I was more looking at the details of those cars rather than looking at the details of the movie. It is funny whenever the MB cars will show up it will dramatically slide in showing the car first then the actors which makes it look like they are advertising the cars. There was also a good shot of the GLE intetior. I wonder how much MB paid to get the movie use their vehicles. I was waiting for the GLE to get trashed by the big dinosaur but it did not happened. I also found the GLE to be prettier than Bryce Howard. One thing for sure MB did not get mentioned like the 1992 Jeep which still started even though it was almost 20 years old. Makes you wonder if that happened to a MB would it be the same when left in the jungle filed with dinosaur for 20 years then just gets slapped with an ATV battery or will the car show dozen of errors in the dashboard and one of it will say "dinosaur behind you, run to your nearest dealer".

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 06-13-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
I must admit the movie was actually good much better than I expected:-)
It's the great thing when you have low expectation you usually don't get dissapointed lol

I really loved all the MB's featured really freakin awesome!
However a little dissapointed they didn't use the real gle AMG

I also loved the 6x6 g63 and all the unimogs so cool
Old 06-15-2015, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Critics are panning it for too much CGA. They say the original was much better.
Attached Thumbnails Jurassic MB-jurassicml.jpg  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by DUTCH
Critics are panning it for too much CGA. They say the original was much better.
I've got little time for people who work to find what they don't like about something.

I saw it in a 3-D, shaking recliner theater with a great sound system and I thought it was great. Having said that, I go to movies for entertainment and check my brain at the door. It makes my $18 ticket much more enjoyable.

And I have to agree that the first one was better, if only for the fact that it was original and this one is a sequel and derives heavily from the first.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:58 PM

Mercedes Evo II
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
I've got little time for people who work to find what they don't like about something.

I saw it in a 3-D, shaking recliner theater with a great sound system and I thought it was great. Having said that, I go to movies for entertainment and check my brain at the door. It makes my $18 ticket much more enjoyable.

And I have to agree that the first one was better, if only for the fact that it was original and this one is a sequel and derives heavily from the first.
I agree with you great points

The first one was better sure but it terms of entertainment, "special effect" and drama the sequel is very good!!

IMO the dinosaurs almost looked like living animals in some instances , that was impressive!

Back in the days, I remember seeing the silicon graphic computer (worth way over usd 30'000 each) they used for J.P and that was already pretty insane...I can't imagine nowadays what computers they must use!

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 06-17-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GL450; 2015 C300 Sport
i was fortunate enough to tour the plant and training facility in Tuscaloosa/Vance several months ago and got to see this beauty...even has a model dinosaur in it...haha

Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 AM

Mercedes Evo II
Awesome