MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   2015 ML Navigation help needed (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/607740-2015-ml-navigation-help-needed.html)

gkgeiger 11-29-2015 01:21 PM

2015 ML Navigation help needed

First let me say, I'm not thrilled with this system. I know some of you will say it's great. I wish it worked as good as my $99 Garmin. Anyway, my immediate problem is I can't figure out how to see the names of upcoming streets. Actually, the only street I see the name of is the one I'm on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

gkgeiger 11-30-2015 09:13 AM

Got it, on my own. How about that. Well, with a little help from mrbobby.

Shogunade 12-01-2015 12:08 AM

Then why don't you share your findings...

gkgeiger 12-01-2015 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Shogunade (Post 6630418)
Then why don't you share your findings...

I figured I was the only one who didn't know the answer. 135 people have read this but only one tried to help. I have asked other tech questions and rec'd no responses. Either I'm the only one who can't figure some of this stuff out or people are too busy :rolleyes: to answer. So, mrbobby was correct about the scale. You must set it down to at least 1/8 mile. That is done when in full screen, by turning the knob counter clockwise to shorten the scale, or clockwise to lengthen it. Hope that helps.

greasykid 12-02-2015 01:46 PM

Street names

Originally Posted by gkgeiger (Post 6628953)
First let me say, I'm not thrilled with this system. I know some of you will say it's great. I wish it worked as good as my $99 Garmin. Anyway, my immediate problem is I can't figure out how to see the names of upcoming streets. Actually, the only street I see the name of is the one I'm on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

St.names only show up when you have the RANGE adjusted to the lower settings. Turn your Range Adjust on the controller ALL the way Counterclockwise. Then turn slowly Clockwise. Names will appear on the lower settings.

gkgeiger 12-02-2015 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by greasykid (Post 6631946)
St.names only show up when you have the RANGE adjusted to the lower settings. Turn your Range Adjust on the controller ALL the way Counterclockwise. Then turn slowly Clockwise. Names will appear on the lower settings.

Thanks kid, I finally figured it out.

Thimee 12-02-2015 05:29 PM

You can also see the street name in the center dashboard "navigation" view.

See page 271 in the owners manual, "Navigation system menu" for more details...

Sumit 12-15-2015 02:24 PM

Hi

I am struggling as well with the navigation and would appreciate help. Just recently bought a ML350 and can't understand why I am not able to see the next turn in he navigation screen. Example it says 'Turn Right Now' and after the turn it doesn't show or tell me when is he next turn. It just displays miles left to destination and ETA. Wouldn't it be nice to see that the next turn is X or Y miles away. Only when you select on the RPT on the menu it tells you how long to stay on the road. What am I missing?

shotgun_banjo 12-15-2015 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sumit (Post 6645112)
Hi

I am struggling as well with the navigation and would appreciate help. Just recently bought a ML350 and can't understand why I am not able to see the next turn in he navigation screen. Example it says 'Turn Right Now' and after the turn it doesn't show or tell me when is he next turn. It just displays miles left to destination and ETA. Wouldn't it be nice to see that the next turn is X or Y miles away. Only when you select on the RPT on the menu it tells you how long to stay on the road. What am I missing?

The system does not have a count-down like the tomtoms and garmins. I think it will only tell you the next turn which is shown on the upper right corner of the screen other than that it is as plain as you can get.

greasykid 12-15-2015 03:32 PM

Yes it does have a countdown. This info is on the NAV screen in front of the driver. Access through steering wheel buttons. It's in the book!.

shotgun_banjo 12-15-2015 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by greasykid (Post 6645185)
Yes it does have a countdown. This info is on the NAV screen in front of the driver. Access through steering wheel buttons. It's in the book!.

Really!? but you are saying that you need to have the LCD screen on the instrument cluster set to NAV but if you don't want that you can't see it (I have not used the screen on the instrument cluster for Navi ever). Well I guess you learn something everyday:)

Sumit 12-15-2015 07:49 PM

Really .. I didn't notice it in top left corner what and when the next turn is.. Am pretty sure it's wasn't there. Will check tomorrow again.

greasykid 12-16-2015 12:25 PM

It is what it is.

Sumit 12-16-2015 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo (Post 6645159)
The system does not have a count-down like the tomtoms and garmins. I think it will only tell you the next turn which is shown on the upper right corner of the screen other than that it is as plain as you can get.

I don't see it on the upper left corner. I do see it in the display behind the steering wheel but not on the main display screen. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to see the next turn on the top left

greasykid 12-16-2015 04:47 PM

Do you need to see it twice?

Sumit 12-16-2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by greasykid (Post 6646315)
Do you need to see it twice?

I mean it just doesn't make sense why they would show the position and destination information and not the next turn. I was asking if there is an option to see the next turn in the main display screen in case I do not intend to display the navigation info in the instrument panel.