Notices
M-Class (W166) 2012, Read about the upcoming M-Class

2015 ML Navigation help needed

 
Old 11-29-2015, 01:21 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
2015 ML Navigation help needed

First let me say, I'm not thrilled with this system. I know some of you will say it's great. I wish it worked as good as my $99 Garmin. Anyway, my immediate problem is I can't figure out how to see the names of upcoming streets. Actually, the only street I see the name of is the one I'm on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 11-30-2015, 09:13 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Got it, on my own. How about that. Well, with a little help from mrbobby.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 12:08 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ML
Then why don't you share your findings...
Shogunade is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 08:17 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Originally Posted by Shogunade View Post
Then why don't you share your findings...
I figured I was the only one who didn't know the answer. 135 people have read this but only one tried to help. I have asked other tech questions and rec'd no responses. Either I'm the only one who can't figure some of this stuff out or people are too busy to answer. So, mrbobby was correct about the scale. You must set it down to at least 1/8 mile. That is done when in full screen, by turning the knob counter clockwise to shorten the scale, or clockwise to lengthen it. Hope that helps.

Last edited by gkgeiger; 12-01-2015 at 02:56 PM.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:46 PM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N.C. USA
Posts: 793
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
Street names

Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
First let me say, I'm not thrilled with this system. I know some of you will say it's great. I wish it worked as good as my $99 Garmin. Anyway, my immediate problem is I can't figure out how to see the names of upcoming streets. Actually, the only street I see the name of is the one I'm on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.
St.names only show up when you have the RANGE adjusted to the lower settings. Turn your Range Adjust on the controller ALL the way Counterclockwise. Then turn slowly Clockwise. Names will appear on the lower settings.
greasykid is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 02:37 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Originally Posted by greasykid View Post
St.names only show up when you have the RANGE adjusted to the lower settings. Turn your Range Adjust on the controller ALL the way Counterclockwise. Then turn slowly Clockwise. Names will appear on the lower settings.
Thanks kid, I finally figured it out.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 05:29 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
S550, SRX, ML550
You can also see the street name in the center dashboard "navigation" view.

See page 271 in the owners manual, "Navigation system menu" for more details...
Thimee is offline  
Old 12-15-2015, 02:24 PM
  #8  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 ML 350 4Matic
Hi

I am struggling as well with the navigation and would appreciate help. Just recently bought a ML350 and can't understand why I am not able to see the next turn in he navigation screen. Example it says 'Turn Right Now' and after the turn it doesn't show or tell me when is he next turn. It just displays miles left to destination and ETA. Wouldn't it be nice to see that the next turn is X or Y miles away. Only when you select on the RPT on the menu it tells you how long to stay on the road. What am I missing?
Sumit is offline  
Old 12-15-2015, 03:12 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: vancouver bc
Posts: 1,258
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
'14 ML350 4matic,'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'07 B200 turbo,'07 Honda Odyssey, '07 Mini Cooper
Originally Posted by Sumit View Post
Hi

I am struggling as well with the navigation and would appreciate help. Just recently bought a ML350 and can't understand why I am not able to see the next turn in he navigation screen. Example it says 'Turn Right Now' and after the turn it doesn't show or tell me when is he next turn. It just displays miles left to destination and ETA. Wouldn't it be nice to see that the next turn is X or Y miles away. Only when you select on the RPT on the menu it tells you how long to stay on the road. What am I missing?
The system does not have a count-down like the tomtoms and garmins. I think it will only tell you the next turn which is shown on the upper right corner of the screen other than that it is as plain as you can get.
shotgun_banjo is offline  
Old 12-15-2015, 03:32 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N.C. USA
Posts: 793
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
Yes it does have a countdown. This info is on the NAV screen in front of the driver. Access through steering wheel buttons. It's in the book!.
greasykid is offline  
Old 12-15-2015, 05:14 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: vancouver bc
Posts: 1,258
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
'14 ML350 4matic,'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'07 B200 turbo,'07 Honda Odyssey, '07 Mini Cooper
Originally Posted by greasykid View Post
Yes it does have a countdown. This info is on the NAV screen in front of the driver. Access through steering wheel buttons. It's in the book!.
Really!? but you are saying that you need to have the LCD screen on the instrument cluster set to NAV but if you don't want that you can't see it (I have not used the screen on the instrument cluster for Navi ever). Well I guess you learn something everyday
shotgun_banjo is offline  
Old 12-15-2015, 07:49 PM
  #12  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 ML 350 4Matic
Really .. I didn't notice it in top left corner what and when the next turn is.. Am pretty sure it's wasn't there. Will check tomorrow again.
Sumit is offline  
Old 12-16-2015, 12:25 PM
  #13  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N.C. USA
Posts: 793
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
It is what it is.
greasykid is offline  
Old 12-16-2015, 03:13 PM
  #14  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 ML 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo View Post
The system does not have a count-down like the tomtoms and garmins. I think it will only tell you the next turn which is shown on the upper right corner of the screen other than that it is as plain as you can get.
I don't see it on the upper left corner. I do see it in the display behind the steering wheel but not on the main display screen. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to see the next turn on the top left
Sumit is offline  
Old 12-16-2015, 04:47 PM
  #15  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N.C. USA
Posts: 793
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
Do you need to see it twice?
greasykid is offline  
Old 12-16-2015, 06:55 PM
  #16  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 ML 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by greasykid View Post
Do you need to see it twice?
I mean it just doesn't make sense why they would show the position and destination information and not the next turn. I was asking if there is an option to see the next turn in the main display screen in case I do not intend to display the navigation info in the instrument panel.
Sumit is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: 2015 ML Navigation help needed


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: