M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

ml gle designo

Old 12-04-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes ml 350
ml gle designo

I have a dilemma with the colour choice for the designo interior in my future car. I'm ordering a car and i'm just lost on whether to choose the porcelain interior or the espresso brown interior. If anybody happens to have the porcelain designo interior please chime in as to how difficult it is to clean. Also has anybody gotten a dirty porcelain dinamica headliner, how hard is it to clean.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:17 AM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
If you have kids, skip it. If you like to throw you bike in the back or toss in sporting goods or go hiking or do anything fun, skip it. If you have a dog, skip it.

If you are miserable and ****, and will wipe down passengers before entry then get it.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML400
When purchasing my ml400 earlier this year it was between the porcelain or auburn brown. The dealer told me straight forward that the porcelain was not easy to keep 100% white. Being someone that wanted the seats to stay the color in which I purchased, I decided to go with the Auburn (now espresso), and they're really nice. However, that porcelain is definitely stunning.

I can relate the porcelain to an "Ivory" that we had in a Range Rover before. The dye from our jeans did constantly rub off onto the seats and it was aggravating to constantly clean the seats. Also, even if we thought our hands were clean, the ivory told us otherwise.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
I don't have a porcelain finish interior but I do have a ASH interior which is a creamy/white color on my c300 and I would tell you right now if you are **** about dirt you will regret having it after 2 days. Any cream/white color interior are stunning when clean. Think of it this way get a piece of white bond paper and get a ink pen. Now make a dot on one side of the paper. If you don't mind seeing that ink with the rest of the white paper then by all means go ahead and get the ivory interior.

Also, once you have a white color seat jeans are a NO-NO! I myself am **** about keeping it clean and I knew what I was getting into before I bought my car and I won't let anyone wearing jeans seat on my car even if you are the last chick in the world. When i picked up my car I was wearing jeans and after driving it for 2 hours the color of my jeans was on the seats and those jeans are 7 years old and have met the washing machine hundreds of times.

I need to spend $180 to get a guy who knew how to clean vinyl properly as using chemicals or magic erasers will ruin the finish of the seats. I watched him clean the seats and it is not easy to clean dye transfer.

Get the brown seats instead. The brown seats will still "stain" or show dye transfer but not too much like a cream/ivory color seat. You will still need to maintain it once or twice a week to remove the stains. I find turtle wax "ICE" interior detailer to do a great job removing the dirt on my seats without making it shiny and I do this once every 2 days or everyday depending how dirty my pants gets.

Also be cautious about body creams/lotions if you are the type of person who uses one as constant contact with the leather will discolor it if you do not wipe it off.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 12-10-2015 at 08:00 PM.