M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Really strange occurence today..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Really strange occurence today..

I parked in an underground parkade...after driving in I lost radio reception..
When I returned I remotely started my vehicle as I approached..after leaving the building I noticed I had no radio audio..regardless of what I did I could not get anything back from the audio system..nothing...no cd/music register etc..no BT..no phone.. and although the radio was on I couldn't get any sound...even after restarting and even a hard system reset nothing..
I went into a restaurant for lunch..remotely started the car and upon entering once again had audio..strangest thing
I think when I started with the remote and there was no radio reception and did the system swap over something happened..
So if this ever happens to anyone..don't panic..it will rectify..I was ready to do a battery disconnect and then trip to dealer..thank goodness..try driving with zero audio/tunes for an hour or so...painful !!
Old 12-29-2015, 03:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Damn that's weird !
Old 12-29-2015, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Yup..I think it's because the car was started remotely and at the time of start there was no radio reception and at the hand over again the car was not restarted...but i can't understand why with 2 re-starts it didn't come back...weird is right
Old 12-22-2016, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350 BT
Happened to me today

Note the date compared with the first post. Strange.
I don't have remote start, but started car in a covered lot, which I do often. When sat radio selected, the msg said 'no device' or similar. Head unit seemed ok, just no sound from any media, not from nav either.

It was ok again the next time I used the car.