M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Goodbye Bluetec, Hello ML63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:41 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
Goodbye Bluetec, Hello ML63

The lease is up on my 2013 ML350BT next month, so I started looking around for its replacement. I ordered a GLE300d, but after thinking about it, decided the 4 cylinder diesel just wasn't for me.

The car also gets driven a LOT so leasing cost me a bloody fortune in over mileage charges. I should have gotten a 25,000 miles/year lease to begin with, but I didn't even think about it at the time.

Anyhow, decided that the appeal of the unlimited mileage CPO warranty was just too good to pass up. I found a 2014 ML63 at a really good price. Besides the usual bells and whistles it has the AMG Performance Package which brings the horsepower up to 550 from 518. It's Iridium Silver with Black designo interior with piano black trim.

I was pleasantly surprised that the additional two-years of warranty on top of the free year was only $3,495.

I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives. Having it shipped from Texas to Arizona.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML250 Bluetec
Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you won't see any difference in mileage. That will be a spirited upgrade.

I picked up my CPO ML250 little over a week ago. I got a much better quote for extended warranty from Jeff Santos out of MB of Elmbrook. I'm sure the ELW is higher on a ML63 than my little diesel, but was well worth the phone call.

Enjoy the new to you ride -- i'm loving mine.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Congrats you will luv it..

Old 03-22-2016, 02:39 AM

The search continues. Worked out everything over the phone with the salesman. He emailed a purchase order spelling everything out. Gave him a credit card deposit -- everything's a go. This morning the manager calls, apologizes all over the place, refunds the deposit. Turns out somebody sold the car 2 weeks ago and nobody took the listing down from Auto Trader.

I found another one in Santa Monica. Doesn't have quite the same number of options, but I can live with it. Also going to check out a GL63 that just got really reduced in price right here in Arizona. As the say, stay tuned, film at 11.

BTW, regarding the extended warranty -- The dealership in Texas quoted $3,495 for the additional 2 year extension. I was pleasantly surprised. The dealership in Santa Monica wants $4,800. I told them the quote I got from Texas and they're going to check to see if they can match the price. I've heard good things about the guy in Illinois. I'll definitely be giving him a call, too.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML250 Bluetec
Bummer on the new ride falling through. I found my ML250 on the http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/cpo search inventory. I would hope the actual inventory there is accurate. After I committed to buying the car and even before I put a deposit down, I noticed my car had been removed from the inventory search. That could have just been the dealer I worked with being very diligent as well.

I bought my CPO ELW just yesterday and got ~$800 off of the msrp. Nice to look at my Mercedes Me page and see the car is covered until Feb 2022.

Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson
The search continues. Worked out everything over the phone with the salesman. He emailed a purchase order spelling everything out. Gave him a credit card deposit -- everything's a go. This morning the manager calls, apologizes all over the place, refunds the deposit. Turns out somebody sold the car 2 weeks ago and nobody took the listing down from Auto Trader.

I found another one in Santa Monica. Doesn't have quite the same number of options, but I can live with it. Also going to check out a GL63 that just got really reduced in price right here in Arizona. As the say, stay tuned, film at 11.

BTW, regarding the extended warranty -- The dealership in Texas quoted $3,495 for the additional 2 year extension. I was pleasantly surprised. The dealership in Santa Monica wants $4,800. I told them the quote I got from Texas and they're going to check to see if they can match the price. I've heard good things about the guy in Illinois. I'll definitely be giving him a call, too.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that Mercedes CPO has the best extended warranty in the industry. The GL63 in Arizona was just too much money, the ML63 in Santa Monica fell through (somebody bought it over the weekend), so now I'm thinking of giving up the AMG dream for the time being. Found a 2015 ML350 with a TON of options, including Night View Assist, Driver Assistance Package, etc., etc. Priced a lot lower, of course. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

On a different subject, I'm reading to stab somebody at my credit union. I've financed a ton of cars through them and MBFS and you'd think I was just born yesterday. "Do you have copies of the last two years tax returns?" "Ah, if you'd look in my file from the pickup I bought two months ago, you'd find them." "Oh."