M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

2012 ML-550 looks like problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E550 convertible 2011 Nissan Titan 2012 ML550
2012 ML-550 looks like problems

Hello everyone! Reading this forum for some time now but this is the first post. I've got CPO 2012 W166 ML550 35000 kms in October. Wife driven car.
Love this car. But looks like she has a bit live of her own like AE of some kind. Took a test drive then bought her, noticed a bit of stiff air ride. We got this deal completed, drove it for some time and recently just decided to took measurements on suspension height at all 4 wheels - difference between sides was about 1/2 inch at front axle on level pad. Took her to MB. Dealer says that they reprogrammed suspension to fix it. Looks OK but need to retest it after some time. To my perception suspension remains rather stiffer as it should be, or I expect it to be.
And just yesterday we were driving on Hwy 400N and car lost "blind spots thing"and after some time turn signals on both sides. 4-way signal was OK but no turn signals at all. Regained them after I shut and restarted the engine.
Some times that "blind spot thing off" goes on and off during the day few times. Weather does not matter.
Would be just great to learn if any of you guys have something similar on your MLs.
Never had any of said problem on my E550 C207 '13.
Cheers!
Old 12-22-2016, 06:38 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
I have an 2015 Ml but without air Suspension but have not had any problems with the blind spot lights. I know on my old Volvo XC90 they were effected by the weather, especially when driven in the rain, but have not had this issue with the ML
Old 12-27-2016, 11:02 AM

On my complain dealer said that "external reason or object was a cause of malfunctioned blind spot system". They checked all stored codes. They said "nothing to fix". Funny thing that before ML we did not have that problem on E class. However its different year of production. Wife said she has this warning message almost every day. And it goes away almost immediately.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
I had similar problems on a 2011 CL550. The Distronic would shut off along with other items associated with it like the blind spot. It happened way too often and was a pain in long trips where you don't care to drive with your right foot for hundreds of miles. Pulling over to the side of the road and restarting the car would enable the distronic and blind spot but more often than not they would go south in just ten miles or less. The dealership never could find a fix for it. It did get better after several trips of over 1000 miles each. Got me as to why. Ditched the car for a fix.

My way of saying " I doubt they'll ever get it fixed since it's intermitent". Frankly I don't see how they can if it isn't present when they look at the car. Whole sale remove and replacement of key parts might help, but they and you are not going to do that.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:54 PM

You are absolutely right,HAILERS2, dealer does not want to waste any money until its unavoidable. The most hard thing to fix - intermittent problems. The only way to try fix it exactly as you told. My option in this - try to wait it out until it's not intermittent at least for a while, but it is not possible to get to dealer right away! It takes at least 1,5-2 days to get it to the shop. The big question is- problem with soft or hardware? I bet they don't know.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:31 PM

A little update on problems described earlier. We were able to visit local dealer while all problems with car were present and service manager personally dealt with them. Just an hour spend without any appointment and they diagnosed everything and ordered necessary parts for replacement. That visit was just before New Year. A week later they replaced the steering column module, both blind spot modules, driver door handle(keyless go did not work). They refused to replace illuminated front sill light under warranty as"it is covered only for 4 years". I was quoted $600 for that important feature. Will wait for spring for that probably, don't want to pay. Other dealer offered 20% off as good gesture....
Real challenge was to drive without turn signals for some time. Everybody hated us I guess.
To sum up this all, dealer performed really not bad. However this car promises a lots of fun with service people ....We will know each other a lot closer.