2012 ML350 Bluetec for $23K?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 03:23 AM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Alec Trevelyan
Yep, price is good until Tuesday so we're pulling the trigger. We bimmer owners don't get complimentary maintenance either, by the way. It's a paid option on new cars, but not on 68K mile used ones like mine was when I bought it.
Originally Posted by Yoni94
I was always under the impression that up until they recently changed their program, there was "No Cost Scheduled Maintenance" on new BMW vehicles. My father, a recent Mercedes-Benz convert, was very proud of the fact that he didn't have to shell out a dime in maintenance expenses on his leased 2013 5 series.

I test drove a 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country this week (comparing their V90 offerings to the Mercedes-Benz E400 Wagon), and the salesman started talking about their complimentary maintenance, so it's been on my mind. Yawn
Not to side track the thread but let's get the facts straight here! Yes, all new BMW's do come with complimentary scheduled maintenance. It is included at no extra cost regardless if you lease or buy. The change that was made a short while ago was that instead of being 4yrs/50k miles, it is now 3yrs/36k miles and no longer includes brakes nor wiper blades. You can pay to have it extended to 4/50 and include the brakes. However, it is not transferable from the 1st to 2nd owner. This maintenance warranty is in addition to the standard bumper to bumper new vehicle warranty which is still 4yrs/50k miles.

I am by no means an expert, but would like to consider myself well versed on the subject. While I had my 2012 ML350 BlueTec on which I did my own maintenance, I also had a 2014 BMW 320i w/ the original maintenance warranty that covered my rear brakes and I also got new wipers every 9 months. And now alongside my 2016 GLE350 for which I have the pre-paid maintenance, I also have a 2017 340i that now has the reduced maintenance warranty.

As to the original question, be sure to check for those o-rings, look underneath for oil leaks, and keep and eye on that adblue heater. Personally, I loved the diesel. Wish I could get another one. If BMW puts the 35d in the upcoming X7, that'll be an instant hit.
The following users liked this post:
peter2772000 (08-12-2017)