M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Have you seen "Service 0 in 0 miles" before?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML250
Have you seen "Service 0 in 0 miles" before?

Have anyone ever seen "Service 0 in 0 miles" under the Serv menu on the dashboard display? What does service 0 mean?

The vehicle in question is a 2015 ML250 Bluetec. I bought as a CPO(executive demo) last August with 8200 miles and after 19 months in service. The vehicle was fully serviced by the dealer before I took delivery, but since I have not seen a service reminder message after nearly a year/9000 miles, I started to poke around. I found the above message ("Service 0 in 0 miles") in the Serv menu. When I subsequently tried to reset the service reminder, I got a "Full Service Cannot be Carried Out" message. What even stranger is that, when I was in the vehicle data menu after trying to reset the service schedule, it shows me "AdBlue Level is FULL," which could not be correct after driving 9000 miles. I wonder if this is a hack to the vehicle system which would disable the service reminder and allow a BLUETEC to be driven without Adblue, or this is a malfunction? I will fill the AdBlue tank for sure, but don't want to get stranded if one day the car wakes up and decides that the AdBlue tank has been empty after so many miles/starts.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:47 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2017 GLS 350d
Originally Posted by George Z
Have anyone ever seen "Service 0 in 0 miles" under the Serv menu on the dashboard display? What does service 0 mean?

The vehicle in question is a 2015 ML250 Bluetec. I bought as a CPO(executive demo) last August with 8200 miles and after 19 months in service. The vehicle was fully serviced by the dealer before I took delivery, but since I have not seen a service reminder message after nearly a year/9000 miles, I started to poke around. I found the above message ("Service 0 in 0 miles") in the Serv menu. When I subsequently tried to reset the service reminder, I got a "Full Service Cannot be Carried Out" message. What even stranger is that, when I was in the vehicle data menu after trying to reset the service schedule, it shows me "AdBlue Level is FULL," which could not be correct after driving 9000 miles. I wonder if this is a hack to the vehicle system which would disable the service reminder and allow a BLUETEC to be driven without Adblue, or this is a malfunction? I will fill the AdBlue tank for sure, but don't want to get stranded if one day the car wakes up and decides that the AdBlue tank has been empty after so many miles/starts.
Well that surely doesnt look right. As you say, it really looks like the system has been tempered with in order not to give reminders or warnings. You should take it to the dealer, they will be able to see modifications when they plug the STAR system on.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 AM

ML250
Thanks, I I'll make a service appointment. Was hoping this could be resolved without a trip to the dealer.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by George Z

I see this on my B-class when it showed my first service on it "Service 0 in 0 kilometers". I was told that it means this is the first service and it is already due in 0 kilometers or NOW. If you don't do it soon it should tell you "xx days pass due". One other thing on my ML, GLK, C-class it does not show the due kilometers but DAYS (ei. Service A due in 295 days).

You should get a warning message on the driver cluster every time you start the car to remind you about this service. If it is not showing ask the dealer to check it out.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 09-01-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:54 AM

ML250
I knew it is definitely not normal for my car because it has passed 365 days since the last service. The dealer has to reload the dashboard software to fix the problem. After the reload, the car correctly showed service is xxx days overdue, which I have reset without a problem.

However, I still see "AdBlue" is full, which is not accurate. I have only added 2.5 gallons a couple of weeks ago after realizing that service reminder does not work.