M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Backup warning for traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
Backup warning for traffic

I have a 2016 Subaru Outback which has a back up camera which senses something moving behind your car when you back up. It detects, other car approaching you and even people. It gives a beep beep and you see the moving object.

My 2015 ML350 has the back up camera, but no parking sensors. Is there any way to replace the rear camera with one like the Subaru, it would really help backing up. I have seen on this site a vendor who sells the whole surround system, which is expensive but just having the backup camera traffic warning would be sufficient for me.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 139 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Isawelvis
I have a 2016 Subaru Outback which has a back up camera which senses something moving behind your car when you back up. It detects, other car approaching you and even people. It gives a beep beep and you see the moving object.

My 2015 ML350 has the back up camera, but no parking sensors. Is there any way to replace the rear camera with one like the Subaru, it would really help backing up. I have seen on this site a vendor who sells the whole surround system, which is expensive but just having the backup camera traffic warning would be sufficient for me.

Thanks.
It has nothing to do with your camera, in you Outback you have sensor which recognizes moving objects.
I know parking sensors can be added I's sure this one can be too. Try some shops like Car Toys see what they know.
Good luck.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
'22 GLE 350 | '15 ML250 | '87 560SL | '19 GLC 300 | '12 C250 (sold) | '02 ML500 | '98 C230
Originally Posted by Isawelvis

Thanks.
You'd need to retrofit Parktronic into the rear bumper, get a bumper with the cut out holes for the sensors, reprogram the computer, etc etc etc. That's if you wanted a factory looking setup. PITA. I'm sure you can find an aftermarket solution, but it won't integrate with COMAND.