M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

"Airmatic Fault", but nothing wrong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
w164
"Airmatic Fault", but nothing wrong

Hello experts, i need som help. I own a 2012 ML350cdi (w166) 92000km on the clock.

2-3 times for week i got the message "airmatic feil" and a pointer UP. It is NO "visit workshop" message, only AIRMATIC fault ant this pointer UP. The text in instrument is not red, not yellow but regular blue. But, there is nothing wrong with the car. No air leaks, the car can stand for a weekend, but the car do not "go down" at any corner. I can raise the car with the raise button, i hear the compresor starts, and the car raises. Nothing wrong. When i get this airmatic fault message, i only press OK. Next time i start the car, it is no more noticfactions on the message list. Så i can drive for 4-5 days, with no more airmatic alarms. But so it comes again, AIRMATIC fault, ant pointer UP. I never get the "visit workshop", only Airmatic fault, and pointer UP. Restarting the car, and everything is normal again. No more alarm for the next days.

What can cause this message??

Regards
Kim
Norway

Old 01-10-2019, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Originally Posted by kkarb
Hello experts, i need som help. I own a 2012 ML350cdi (w166) 92000km on the clock.

2-3 times for week i got the message "airmatic feil" and a pointer UP. It is NO "visit workshop" message, only AIRMATIC fault ant this pointer UP. The text in instrument is not red, not yellow but regular blue. But, there is nothing wrong with the car. No air leaks, the car can stand for a weekend, but the car do not "go down" at any corner. I can raise the car with the raise button, i hear the compresor starts, and the car raises. Nothing wrong. When i get this airmatic fault message, i only press OK. Next time i start the car, it is no more noticfactions on the message list. Så i can drive for 4-5 days, with no more airmatic alarms. But so it comes again, AIRMATIC fault, ant pointer UP. I never get the "visit workshop", only Airmatic fault, and pointer UP. Restarting the car, and everything is normal again. No more alarm for the next days.

What can cause this message??

Regards
Kim
Norway

there is a problem. Please don't be in denial, finding the root cause will make sure there is no unnecessary wear on other parts of the system.*

Have the codes checked. Your car is telling you something and realises something is at fault. Most owners do not have that luxury.*

I can speculate, but it could be anything from a worn pump, a faulty relay, a leaking strut....

Do the soapy water test, then move from there.*
Old 03-29-2019, 11:21 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
w164
Solved

The star dealer coud not figure out off the alarm. But a local star hero did😂 The reason i got the airmatic "pointer up" notisefaction was caused by: to low level in the hydraulik oil reservoiar😂😂 I filled 0,2 liter green oil inn the tank under bonet, and alerm never came back.