19" - 20" Wheels - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
M-Class (W166) 2012, Read about the upcoming M-Class

19" - 20" Wheels

 
Old 02-09-2019, 01:42 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
19" - 20" Wheels


I just purchased a set of 20" replica wheels with the highest offset i could find (48mm). Anyone have any feedback on how a similar size looks? The online calculator says the rim will stick out about ~24mm (~1inch) and tires about 16mm. Do you guys notice this on your MLs?

Wheels i purchased
20x9.5 5x112 +48mm Offset

Calculator
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=50mm&sr=0mm

Last edited by turbosl2; 02-09-2019 at 01:48 PM.
turbosl2 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 03:36 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
peter2772000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Montreal/Cape Coral FL
Posts: 841
Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2012 X6 35i Sport, 2013 ML 350 BT
I'm running 20" x 10.5" rims with a 40mm offset along with 295/40R20 P Zero Max Summer tires. The honest truth? If I had the choice, I would have gone with the fronts tucked in even just 1/4". But really happy nevertheless.

Our truck, freshly wrapped and shod (post #9). https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...he-should.html

Last edited by peter2772000; 02-09-2019 at 03:42 PM.
peter2772000 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 04:47 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
I'm running 20" x 10.5" rims with a 40mm offset along with 295/40R20 P Zero Max Summer tires. The honest truth? If I had the choice, I would have gone with the fronts tucked in even just 1/4". But really happy nevertheless.

Our truck, freshly wrapped and shod (post #9). https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...he-should.html
Thanks for the pics. It’s hard to tell because I know you were not trying to take side shots but it is pretty aparent in front they stick out a lot. That’s a really wide rim. I did the math and it’s about 40mm. So your talking over 1.5” out further than stock. Your basically adding an inch more than the 9.5 wide wheels I bought plus less offset. It doesn’t look bad but I am worried how even the 9.5s (1” wider”) I bought with 10mm less offset will look
turbosl2 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 05:09 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
peter2772000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Montreal/Cape Coral FL
Posts: 841
Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2012 X6 35i Sport, 2013 ML 350 BT
They'll be perfect, unless you love tucked rims. I don't. Again, I would've like them to be tucked in 1/4", but I can easily live with what I have. I definitely would not want them tucked in as much as the OEM rims.
10 mm less offset will be fine. The proof? After a whole summer, the wrap directly rear of the front tires hasn't had the crap beaten out of it.
peter2772000 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 06:54 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
They'll be perfect, unless you love tucked rims. I don't. Again, I would've like them to be tucked in 1/4", but I can easily live with what I have. I definitely would not want them tucked in as much as the OEM rims.
10 mm less offset will be fine. The proof? After a whole summer, the wrap directly rear of the front tires hasn't had the crap beaten out of it.
I hope so. I just want it to look factory not like a ghetto set from da hood. Lol
turbosl2 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:18 AM
  #6  
Super Member
 
peter2772000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Montreal/Cape Coral FL
Posts: 841
Thanked 56 Times in 54 Posts
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2012 X6 35i Sport, 2013 ML 350 BT
Factory is tucked way in and not "very" wide at all. You won't have that with your combo, I don't think.

I dunno what it is on this site with MB owners. Anything other than stock looking is frowned upon. I've never experienced such a thing before on any of the sites I'm on, including BMW sites. Guys spend big bucks to upgrade their rims to carbon copies of MB rims, or maybe AMG if they're really adventurous.

Not criticizing, just really, truly taken aback by the mindset here.
peter2772000 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 01:10 PM
  #7  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300 & 2014 ML350
Anybody know why these wheels are near impossible to find in 21”? If I’m not mistaken, the OE size is 21”.

I’ve been trying to locate a set for my W164, but the only sizes available are 20” & 22”.
Island Brewer is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:57 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Island Brewer View Post
Anybody know why these wheels are near impossible to find in 21”? If I’m not mistaken, the OE size is 21”.

I’ve been trying to locate a set for my W164, but the only sizes available are 20” & 22”.
not sure but what I do know is the aftermarket companies are not providing the correct offsets as the rim width increases. If your going 10” wide and in the 35-48mm offset that’s not nearly enough for our standard MLs. They will fit but your talking 1.5” more sticking out from the fender. The body on the ml63 is wider to accommodate this. I would not go past a 9.5” with a 48mm offset. Even this is 1” further out. Going to a 21x10 or 21x10.5 or 22s in my option will look disproportioned. I can’t seem to find any aftermarket wheels with the correct offset. Personally a 8.5” with a 56 is ideal or a 9.5in with a 60 would do. Just something to keep in mind.
turbosl2 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to turbosl2 For This Useful Post:
Island Brewer (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 05:14 PM
  #9  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300 & 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by turbosl2 View Post


not sure but what I do know is the aftermarket companies are not providing the correct offsets as the rim width increases. If your going 10” wide and in the 35-48mm offset that’s not nearly enough for our standard MLs. They will fit but your talking 1.5” more sticking out from the fender. The body on the ml63 is wider to accommodate this. I would not go past a 9.5” with a 48mm offset. Even this is 1” further out. Going to a 21x10 or 21x10.5 or 22s in my option will look disproportioned. I can’t seem to find any aftermarket wheels with the correct offset. Personally a 8.5” with a 56 is ideal or a 9.5in with a 60 would do. Just something to keep in mind.

This is good information that I was not aware of. I meant to type W166, not 164. Regardless, it seems that we are on the same page though. I don’t want my wheels sticking out from the fenders & quarter panels either, so off to do some more internet searching.
Island Brewer is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 07:04 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Island Brewer View Post



This is good information that I was not aware of. I meant to type W166, not 164. Regardless, it seems that we are on the same page though. I don’t want my wheels sticking out from the fenders & quarter panels either, so off to do some more internet searching.
yup, my AMG 20” clones will be here Tuesday but I won’t be mounting until April. The highest offset I could find was 48mm, and with a 9.5” wide wheel it’s going to stick out about and inch. The calculator I put on the first page will help. Overall I didn’t see a way around it unless I spent big $ which I am not willing to do for my family driver. Glad I did some research because a lot of places have a 35mm version listed as the fitment for the ML and that’s even worse, even with a 8.5” wide rim. The 9.5 +48 came out to be the best option for the AMG clones(on paper).
turbosl2 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 08:52 PM
  #11  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300 & 2014 ML350
Did you purchase them from a website or eBay?
Island Brewer is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 10:47 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
eBay. Looked for a while to find the +48 offset
turbosl2 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 19" - 20" Wheels


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: