M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

W166 Reverse Camera Guidelines

Old 05-24-2019, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec
W166 Reverse Camera Guidelines

I've done extensive research today trying to find the answer to this, but haven't figured it out yet so here it goes:

I have a 2012 ML350 Bluetec with Nav and Parking sensors. The stock rearview camera had a cracked lense, so I had it replaced today with the OEM camera from the dealer (replaced by a reputable European Indy Shop).

The original camera had dynamic parking lines as well as the little car on the screen that would show little green curved lines when getting close to something (part of parking sensors I assume). Once the new camera was installed, it's nice and clear now, but absolutely nothing else on the screen. No lines, no little car. I've been in the engineering menu under HU Parameter and Rearview Camera was set to RVC2.0. I tried changing it to SRVC, stopped the car and locked it for 5 mins then tried again, no change. I can't figure need any other related settings, and in some things I read there is a setting in HU Parameter called SRVC Guidelines but I don't have that option.

Is this something that needs to be coded by the dealer using STAR after the camera was replaced? Surely it can't he part of the hardware? I didn't just pay $857 plus labour for a new camera to lose the guidelines! Please help!

Old 05-27-2019, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
The whole setup needs to be recalibrated using DAS Xentry when you change the camera. It requires precise positioning of special markings on the ground behind the vehicle (or all the way around if you have the 360 degree "surround" view option) and going through a prescribed alignment routine which can take several hours to complete.
The following users liked this post:
Patrick Manning (05-27-2019)