M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

2 issues. Folding mirror and phone connectivity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350
Question 2 issues. Folding mirror and phone connectivity

I’m new so bear with me. I searched the forum and can’t find an answer, also checked online, nothing. Hoping y’all can help.

I have a ML350 2012. I have had it from 9,000 miles, was an employee benefit thing? They can drive it up to 9k then have to turn it in? Anyway, the driver side mirror won’t fold in automatically. But sometimes it does, but you shut the engine off and then it won’t. So irritating!! We had the dealer look at it, they confirmed it wasn’t workin (😂😂&#128514 so they removed it and hooked it to a secondary power source, it worked. They reinstalled it, and it worked just fine. Got home, didn’t work. Now, it won’t lock into place. Drive too fast on the interstate it folds closed. Ugh. Called the dealership, they said it needs to be replaced, $1300. Any other ideas for workarounds, or OEM parts?

Another issue, my iPhone won’t stay connected via Bluetooth for phone calls and listening to music. And making calls. It’s like it resets, then reconnects. I haven’t updated any soft/firmware since I purchased it. Could this be the issue? I would like to replace the whole system with an Apple car play touchscreen. Any advice?

Any help is appreciated! TIA. Marcy