M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Upgarde distronic plus with active steering control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Upgarde distronic plus with active steering control

Hello, I want to ask my car is 2015 ML350 with distronic plus features. I want to know wheather I upgarde to 2016 GLE distronic plus with active steering control. Are both year vehicles have the same hardware or difference? If the same hardware and just difference with software, then can I upgarde the software and own active steering control. Thank you guys.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:24 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2020 GLE350 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
Originally Posted by Mingjun
Hello, I want to ask my car is 2015 ML350 with distronic plus features. I want to know wheather I upgarde to 2016 GLE distronic plus with active steering control. Are both year vehicles have the same hardware or difference? If the same hardware and just difference with software, then can I upgarde the software and own active steering control. Thank you guys.
Based on what ive been seeing, I dont think there is a difference between the version of Distronic Plus you have and the W166 Chassis of the GLE (16-19). I cannot say for the V167 chassis of the GLE (20-present). Unless they promote a newer version of the software that has been rolled out to newer cars but i have not seen this yet. If you ask me, you dont need to upgrade anything.