M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Fantom Errors (Pre-Safe and Gear Selector)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2020 | 01:48 PM

ML350
Fantom Errors (Pre-Safe and Gear Selector)

Hi, I need opinions about my problem. My car is: 2013 ML350 Gas/Flex. VIN: 4JGDA5HB5DA160596

10 days ago my alternator died, at the same time I have changed AUX battery (small in the trunk). On the next day alternator was changed to new aftermarket (noname). Everything was OK for next 2-3 days except my bluetooth charger shows high voltage in the system (up to 16V) , but there was 1-2 time a day (I drive usually 100-200 miles a day). So, after 2-3 days I received fantom message about “pre safe limited “ (HOLD stop work until stop/start car) and after second it disappears, on next day new message “Shift gear selector not working” and after 1 second everything OK. Yesterday I replaced alternator for another new one (the same problem - overvoltage today).

After connecting Xentry (100% original computer) my mechanic found an errors in ABS control unit (about pre safe) and inside ABS was error with Missing communication with A80 ISM module (transmission).

but nobody can tell me - problem with abs / ecu/ transmission module or maybe it is battery/shift switch or somethibg else.

any ideas ?
Old 02-21-2020 | 11:52 PM

'22 GLE 350 | '15 ML250 | '87 560SL | '19 GLC 300 | '12 C250 (sold) | '02 ML500 | '98 C230
Originally Posted by XristosMercedes
Hi, I need opinions about my problem. My car is: 2013 ML350 Gas/Flex. VIN: 4JGDA5HB5DA160596

10 days ago my alternator died, at the same time I have changed AUX battery (small in the trunk). On the next day alternator was changed to new aftermarket (noname). Everything was OK for next 2-3 days except my bluetooth charger shows high voltage in the system (up to 16V) , but there was 1-2 time a day (I drive usually 100-200 miles a day). So, after 2-3 days I received fantom message about “pre safe limited “ (HOLD stop work until stop/start car) and after second it disappears, on next day new message “Shift gear selector not working” and after 1 second everything OK. Yesterday I replaced alternator for another new one (the same problem - overvoltage today).

After connecting Xentry (100% original computer) my mechanic found an errors in ABS control unit (about pre safe) and inside ABS was error with Missing communication with A80 ISM module (transmission).

but nobody can tell me - problem with abs / ecu/ transmission module or maybe it is battery/shift switch or somethibg else.

any ideas ?
if you’re spending the money for a mechanic with access to xentry and he is stumped, then it’s time to get a new mechanic. Update your user profile with location.