M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

AVINUSA 9" Android Kit is here, how do i use this GPS Splitter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 05:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Angry AVINUSA 9" Android Kit is here, how do i use this GPS Splitter

I purchased this kit with a GPS splitter so i did not have to worry about the signal issues i hear with the aftermarket GPS antenna. I dont see how its possible to connect this to the unit. Am i missing something... Gold screw on connector is the antenna. This is a male screw on type. Blue connector is 2 females and one male. I dont see how if i successfully split the antenna signal (leaving me with a open female connector) how this connects to the screen.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:32 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
ML350
i was looking at the avinusa site after your post regarding ordering their screen. i've been eyeing an upgraded screen for a while but just can't decide on which one considering all the issues people run into :/

here is their page for the gps splitter https://avinusa.com/gps-splitter-cable.html

looking at their diagram and their instructions, it looks as if the splitter was designed for a different/older model screen, because it looks like the blue splitter connector should just plug right into the screen.

I'd reach out to them about how to connect the splitter or even about a possible refund of the splitter cost if it isn't compatible with your screen.

when looking into their site i also found some other helpful information like a youtube install guide. in the youtube video the guy mentions he has had good luck with the aftermarket gps antenna, it may be worth a try if the splitter doesnt work.

here's the video i found if you arent already aware of it, i hope it's helpful and please do keep us posted on the result.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:11 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
I saw there directions and the newer 9” screens do not have those fakra ports they are all twist
Old 12-15-2020, 03:42 PM

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
'22 GLE 350 | '15 ML250 | '87 560SL | '19 GLC 300 | '12 C250 (sold) | '02 ML500 | '98 C230
Originally Posted by turbosl2
I purchased this kit with a GPS splitter so i did not have to worry about the signal issues i hear with the aftermarket GPS antenna. I dont see how its possible to connect this to the unit. Am i missing something... Gold screw on connector is the antenna. This is a male screw on type. Blue connector is 2 females and one male. I dont see how if i successfully split the antenna signal (leaving me with a open female connector) how this connects to the screen.

wrong splitter