M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Odd issue after recent emissions update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 09:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 BT
Odd issue after recent emissions update

Emissions update done back in July. Everything was fine except a warning about the security system activated on the Command Center. Dealer was closing, vehicle ran fine so was told to bring it back in the morning. Warning when out while driving and didnt come back.
Then, on a recent outing, got to the bar, turned off the car and after 2 minutes noticed that the headlights had not gone off. turned them off manually. two hours later the battery was dead.
came back next morning had to jump it. Dash was all red, warnings about vehicle not in park, do not shift, immobilzer activated, do not drive, etc all on the dash. Command center would boot up and show security system activated call for assistance. vehicle started just fine, drove it home, charged it completely. all warnings and errors cleared. Reported to MBUSA. Has not happened since.
I did not try to restart the vehicle after the headlights didnt turn off but something must have gone wonko on shutdown that kept stuff running and drained the battery.
I have my concerns that this vehicle is plenty over computer integrated and the overall firmware just isnt quite as bullet proof and what a mercedes should be.