M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Squeaky sounds from a/c

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 07:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ML350
Squeaky sounds from a/c

Good day. Wondering if someone can help guide me on the following, my 2015 ML350 BT, has a slight squeaky sound when the fan is at the slower speed, tends to be during the colder months. i want to oil it but do not know really where to dismantle ( i assume it is the blower fan but not sure how to access) and also the concern of not "poisoning" my family with WD40 or some lubricant. What are your suggestion? i am new to this and maybe i am breathing "chemical" in...lol. As always, any suggestion or comments are much appreciated.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,841 Likes on 3,027 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MJ118
Good day. Wondering if someone can help guide me on the following, my 2015 ML350 BT, has a slight squeaky sound when the fan is at the slower speed, tends to be during the colder months. i want to oil it but do not know really where to dismantle ( i assume it is the blower fan but not sure how to access) and also the concern of not "poisoning" my family with WD40 or some lubricant. What are your suggestion? i am new to this and maybe i am breathing "chemical" in...lol. As always, any suggestion or comments are much appreciated.
Can you further narrow down the noise to modes, fan speeds or temperatures? Try every combination of every button and adjustment on the climate control panel and see if the noise gets louder, quieter, or stops.