Headlight halogen to led swap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63s AMG
Headlight halogen to led swap?

Hi everyone,
I am in the process of purchasing a w166 and the dealer has two one has the adaptive headlights and the other has the normal halogen but this model has more packages (pano, lane and blind spot assist etc) i asked my dealer if I could get the headlights swapped and he said he'd speak to his mechanic about it.. I know many people have swapped out the halogen bulbs for leds or so but I'd rather have the MB led headlamps I like the style of the flashing led strip for the indicators and so on just looks much more modern. Anyway do I need a module or something to swap the headlights from one suv to the other or is it a simple plug and play? If I do need additional parts can anyone direct me to what thread has this info or if you've done this and know can you send me a link to purchase the part to convert these headlights maybe it's different plugs or a different module or so?
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-08-2022, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 501 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
I'd keep looking until I found the W!66 I was looking for.
The following users liked this post:
Etienne Lau (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec
This requires two extra fuses plus a module in order to swap. That would be awesome if the dealer is willing to do this but highly doubtful. Regarding the two ML's, chose the one that has the most features you want that are NOT easy to add/change. You can retro to Adaptive Xenon's for < 2k however adapting to, lane/blindspot, and if yours is like mine with adaptive cruise is challenging. My 12 Bluetec also came with Halogens which are sad looking. I plan on ordering an OE retrofit set from China (yeah, I know) and doing the retrofit myself. The only missing feature will be auto leveling unless you add the sensors/wiring/coding.

GL