M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Egr Engine Problem ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 350 Bluetec
Egr Engine Problem ML

Hello everyone! I got this fault codes,After replacing the turbo and oil cooler seals . Now the car is revving till 3000 rpm to change to 2nd gear and other, and i think the turbo enter too early. What i can do?
149A00
155D00
Old 12-14-2023, 09:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C-Class
Hi Mario, I hope this will help.The fault codes you've encountered could suggest issues related to the turbo, oil cooler, or engine control. Here are steps to address the problem with early turbo entry and high revving:
  1. Inspect Turbocharger Function: Ensure proper installation of the turbo and associated components (like actuators, wastegate). Incorrect installation or actuator issues might cause the turbo to engage prematurely.
  2. Check for Air Leaks: Inspect the intake system for leaks after the turbo (e.g., loose hoses or connections). Any air leaks might affect turbo performance, causing unusual revving.
  3. Review Oil Cooler Seal Replacement: After replacing the oil cooler seals, ensure they were installed correctly. Improper installation might affect oil flow/pressure, impacting turbo performance.
  4. Scan for Fault Codes: Use a quality scanner like Youcanic to retrieve specific fault codes. These codes offer insights into the exact issues affecting your car and guide targeted troubleshooting.
  5. Address Fault Codes: Address each fault code systematically. Look up the specific meanings of the codes to understand their implications. For instance:
    • Code 149A00 might relate to turbocharger control issues.
    • Code 159600 and 155D00 may pertain to other system malfunctions or sensor errors.
  6. Professional Inspection: If troubleshooting doesn't resolve the issue, consider seeking help from a professional mechanic or dealership. They can conduct a comprehensive diagnosis using advanced tools and expertise.
Remember, diagnosing these complex issues often requires specialized tools and knowledge, so professional assistance might be necessary for an accurate resolution.
Old 06-03-2024, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S class
149a00 and 155D00 after oil cooler seals

Originally Posted by MarioMB350

Hello everyone! I got this fault codes,After replacing the turbo and oil cooler seals . Now the car is revving till 3000 rpm to change to 2nd gear and other, and i think the turbo enter too early. What i can do?
149A00
155D00
hi, how did you manage to rectify this? I am having the same issue
Old 06-11-2024, 08:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Ghanch
hi, how did you manage to rectify this? I am having the same issue
hello this sensor wasn t entered in perfectly!