M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

HELP I replaced my trunk door but my dash says it’s open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes ML350
HELP I replaced my trunk door but my dash says it’s open

***2015 Mercedes ML350 W166 style frame and body ***My mother in law recently got rear ended and I replaced the rear lift gate and left tail lights. I salvaged the good parts off of the old trunk door. I had to buy the left tail lights the bumper housing on the left and the pressure release panel for the car.. I was able to get everything done it looks stock aside from the color. I have full functionality out of auto open and close from the car and the key fob. BUT when she’s drives it starts telling her that the trunk lid is open. I’m a mechanic and I have my own code reader. I cleared all the other codes but this one keeps popping up. It’s not a cheap code reader either I’m serious in my profession which has landed me here. I’d love any advice anyone can give me. She literally just paid me for the job as I was typing this but I’m not satisfied with it yet. I had to do work on the interior because the frame was bent up so bad on the left side. It caused damage all the up to the seats in the rear. It took two hours to fix the. Frame alone. I’ve spent more than 30 hours troubleshooting but I just can’t figure it out. It’s the only code that keeps coming back. I read up on the soft close feature where the cars have a pneumatic motor to fully “seal” the door. It’s super small and made of metal. Should I just replace that and I’ll be good? Or is there more involved. I don’t know which fuse involves resetting the latch soft touch so that would be the first amount of information to go off of for troubleshooting…Thank you for taking the time to read this issue please feel free to give me any advice pertaining to the issue. In my experience it could be something as small as a loose bolt.