M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged/LET tuned my 03 CL600 - First Impressions...

Old 09-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Eurocharged/LET tuned my 03 CL600 - First Impressions...

Well guys, I know some of you have heard about the tune Eurocharged/LET now offers for the M275 cars; and that some of you maybe haven't yet. Jerry at LET put the tune on my ECU and I thought I would share some of my thoughts.

First, I'll start by saying have I've had the CL since March...and while it's performance is impressive stock, I just was completely satisfied with it. I had been researching various tuners since I acquired the car and was on the fence about who to choose. I had finally decided to go with Renntech when the Eurocharged tune came available. I had many conversations with Jerry and he finally made me an offer I couldn't refuse!

So, yesterday afternoon at 6 pm I installed the Eurocharged tuned ECU in my car. I must say it is exactly what I was looking for! The part throttle driveability is perfect. The car is very responsive to pedal input without being too sensitive, and without the need to be "all in it". I would say that part throttle driveability feels to be of factory quality, with aftermarket power! Full throttle...just...wow! Eurocharged/LET has successfully turned my car into a rocket sled. The car is deceptively fast...the sensation of speed (noise, jerky shifts, etc) is missing...due to the excellent MB engineering and the near perfect manipulation of the ECU by Eurocharged/LET; but the speed climbs like that of a video game race car! I have several very fast vehicles, and this impressed me...which is saying a lot. In fact, I would actually compare the full throttle acceleration of my tuned CL to that of my Hayabusa...it's a very smooth, eyeball flattening experience.

After messing around, I decided to really wring it out; so I found a nice, deserted, straight road...in Mexico...to push it. I don't know how fast the car could have gone...but at 160 the a-pillar cover liberated itself from the car (that's in another thread), so I shut it down. I can tell you this, though...the speed was still rapidly increasing when that happened!

So, enough about the performance. After getting the a-pillar situation contained enough to drive the car home, I started my 45 mile drive home. I set the cruise at 67 on the interstate, and watched the average fuel economy hold at a steady 21 mpg!

I hope to have drag strip times, and dyno numbers soon; and these are only my first thoughts...but I will say this to ANYONE considering a tune for their M275 powered car...you CANNOT go wrong with Eurocharged/LET. The customer service that Jerry provides is without equal. Jerry spent a lot of time with me before, during, and after the sale...and I can tell you that they will be my first call when it comes time for more modifications to this car!

If you have been waiting for the stars to align for a great tune at an affordable price with a high level of customer service to become available...all I can say is...what are you waiting for? Call Jerry at LET and experience what the V12TT is capable of!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
cant wait to see your traps man, do you have sticky tires?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
cant wait to see your traps man, do you have sticky tires?
Not yet, I can get MT DR's pretty quick, though.

I've got a strange popping sound, almost sounds like a Firebird with a broke tranny mount. I had it before the tune, but it's more pronounced afterwards. I was going to look into that before I put the sticky tires on it.