M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling Fan Switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 10:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
Cooling Fan Switch

Howdy all,

I was playing with the car today and I put my intercooler pump override relay jumper on the main engine fan relay and it turned the fan on high.

Unfortunatly it only seems to operate on high when the engine is off. Once running, the computer seems to take over and it operates normally. This will be a good mod at the track where you can run the intercooler pump and the fan to get cooled off real quic in the pits. You can also let it run for a minute or two then start the car and get all the cool radiator fluid in the motor to help cool down.

I made a jumper with a circuit breaker in it so I can turn it on and off so I don't run the battery all the way down. It is the relay next to the intercooler pump relay on my S65.

Remember to keep the ac off on the front and rear when racing. It makes a huge differece in intercooler temps keeping the hot condenser air off the heat exchanger.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Cooling Fan Switch-image.jpeg