Fuel pressure!! - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pressure!!

 
Old 04-04-2018, 08:34 AM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London UK
Posts: 637
Thanked 58 Times in 46 Posts
2013 W204 C63 AMG, 2008 W221 S65 AMG
Fuel pressure!!

Hi all

Any ideas what the fuel pressure should be on the M275 65 AMG engine in a W221? WIS does not have this information anywhere (frustrating)

The M275 training document has it, it says 3.8 bar constant, and if it drops the fuel pressure, the control module increases voltage to the pump. I am taking this with a pinch of salt though, as I know other AMG's run a higher pressure (5 bar +)

Is this right?
alexanderfoti is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 AM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
syljua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 70
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
1998 C140 CL500
Originally Posted by alexanderfoti View Post
The M275 training document has it, it says 3.8 bar constant, and if it drops the fuel pressure, the control module increases voltage to the pump. I am taking this with a pinch of salt though, as I know other AMG's run a higher pressure (5 bar +)
But what kind of fuel system is in these other AMG's engines?
Fuel loop with pressure regulator (which maintains constant difference between intake and fuel pressure in rail), or like the M275, which delivers
3.8 regardless of pressure in intake (and no return to the tank from fuel rail)?
I do not know the answer, but from the M285 document, it seems that it also uses 3.8 bar.

br,
syljua
syljua is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syljua For This Useful Post:
alexanderfoti (07-06-2018), biker349 (04-05-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 12:41 AM
  #3  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CL65 W215
Originally Posted by alexanderfoti View Post
Hi all

Any ideas what the fuel pressure should be on the M275 65 AMG engine in a W221? WIS does not have this information anywhere (frustrating)

The M275 training document has it, it says 3.8 bar constant, and if it drops the fuel pressure, the control module increases voltage to the pump. I am taking this with a pinch of salt though, as I know other AMG's run a higher pressure (5 bar +)

Is this right?
Did you find an answer to this? Not much accurate data to be found online so we measured a few locally. My 05 CL65 has 55psi at idle. A different CL65 has 55psi. A CL600 with updated 5bar controller has 75psi.
litlbudy is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 03:45 AM
  #4  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London UK
Posts: 637
Thanked 58 Times in 46 Posts
2013 W204 C63 AMG, 2008 W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by litlbudy View Post
Did you find an answer to this? Not much accurate data to be found online so we measured a few locally. My 05 CL65 has 55psi at idle. A different CL65 has 55psi. A CL600 with updated 5bar controller has 75psi.
I measured mine at 75psi at idle. 221 has a slightly different fuel pressure regulator design but I belive its probably set at 5 bar.
alexanderfoti is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure!!


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: