Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

WTB: Remote Starter E Class 04-09 or compatible

Wanted

Audio Video/Electronics

10-21-2018, 06:33 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 455
  • Expired

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Philadelphia, PA, 19152, USA
  • Condition New or Used
Description:

Looking for a remote starter for my 08 E Class. Other models compatible so if you have one of these please let me know.

C 03-07
CLK 04-09
CLS 06-11
E 04-09
G 05-11
SLK 05-11

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2018, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 SL500, 2008 R350 4Matic
Still Looking.

Last edited by Pete S; 11-03-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:16 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09 E63
What type did you find if you don’t mind sharing?
Old 10-25-2018, 11:34 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
W140, CLS55, SL65
I just did one for my non-Mercedes car at a local shop. They told me there is only one system which can be installed into Mercedes vehicles and it costs around $700. Idk if it's all-in or just parts. I think any shop which does music/alarm will tell you much more about available remote starters for Mercedes.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 SL500, 2008 R350 4Matic
I installed a remote starter on the wife's R Class a few years back and at the time there were basically only two options and now it continues to be the same deal. One is made by Mid City. They have a plug and play system called SmartStart Key. The other option seems to be rebranded by a few different companies but they all look the same to me and have to be flashed at the same website. The one I bought for the R Class was branded FlashLogic. I paired it to a Drone Mobile module so the wife can start the car from inside the building where she works or anywhere in the world for that matter, it has worked flawlessly going on 2 years now. It also has some nice customization settings so that you can have the heated or cooled seats come on automatically depending on the temperatures you input. I for example have heated seats come on if it is under 55 and cooling if it is above 80. The climate control you just leave set to whatever temperature you like as it can not be programmed through the remote starter module.

The same deal goes for the W211 E Class. The brands I found were Mid City and again what looks like the same system branded as OmegaLink, IDataLink, and Flashlogic and if you look they all look to be the same to me. The price isn't of your typical starter with most being in the $500 range but if you are handy and somewhat computer savvy it is an easy install as it is a true plug and play system so no added cost. You must flash the module on a PC to your model car, customize features if you wish and then its the install process. Once you figure out how to access the back of the ignition you simply unplug two plugs, plugs those into module, then the module has a harness with the exact same plugs which go back to the ignition. Then just follow the steps for the module to learn the necessary codes and you are done.

You can google Mid City Smart Start or go on eBay and search Mercedes Start BZ2. BZ2 is the one you want for a W211 E Class and a few other models, they also have the BZ1, BZ2, and BZ4 which basically covers all MB models. I got a little lucky and was able to negotiate down to $380 with an eBay seller. I bought the OmegaLink BZ2 which looks to be the same exact thing I have in the R Class. Just a heads up when I bought the starter for the R I wasn't aware that I would need a cable to plug from the module to the PC to flash it but the seller was nice enough to send me one free of charge I still have it and imagine it will work with the one I just bought. Kind of weird that it wasn't included with the system and I have no idea if that has changed so make sure you either find out if it comes with that cable or if you can get the retailer or eBay seller to include one. HTH

Last edited by Pete S; 10-26-2018 at 08:20 AM.