2008 SL65 AMG - Great deal for a great car - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Marketplace
2008 SL65 AMG - Great deal for a great car >

2008 SL65 AMG - Great deal for a great car

Notices
Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

2008 SL65 AMG - Great deal for a great car

2008 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG

02-10-2019, 09:13 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 853
MBWorld Fanatic!

• Price
    $35,000
    • OBO
  • Location Ann Arbor, MI, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN WDBSK79F68F139401
  • Mileage 98,000
  • Engine 12 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Convertible
  • Exterior Color Black
Description:

Hello everyone,

It's time to sell the SL65. I had wanted a V12 Mercedes since I was a kid, and when the twin turbo V12 SL came out, it was definitely a dream car I'd one day need to own.

I picked this up in the summer of 2014, so I've had it for a little less than 5 years. This car is definitely not a perfect garage queen! I am the third owner; original owner was the dealer's wife in California, then it spent a long time in Texas, then I picked it up and moved it to Georgia, and now Michigan.

The good:
- Everything works
- Full carbon fiber interior
- Black on black, recently polished
- New rear battery
- New passenger coil pack
- I'll throw in the iCarSoft scanner
- I've never really had any major issues with the car (ABC, etc) except for the coil pack replacement
- SL AMG specific car cover from Mercedes

The not-so-good:
- The brakes are worn and will eventually need changing (although they still stop the car incredibly hard)
- There's a 1" windshield chip/crack on the passenger side (I can get this fixed through insurance if necessary, or you can use it in your negotiation)
- Leather interior is definitely showing some wear
- It's got 98,000 miles? Some see that as a negative...
- Even though I normally store it in the winter, it did see 3 days of snow driving earlier this year when my DD C55 blew a starter
- Could use a new set of rear tires (I recommend going 295's)

Overall, this car is a fantastic, but it's definitely not "perfect" as you can expect. The asking price of $35k is a great deal for being a later car (newer bumpers, exhaust tips, brake calipers, black/black interior) on top of the additional items (carbon fiber interior), mixed with some negatives.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Old 02-11-2019, 12:58 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Gorgeous car, GLWS!

I have no idea what the current market value on these is, but keep an eye on this BAT listing, it should give you a better idea of how much negotiating you may have to do: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...nz-sl65-amg-9/
Old 02-12-2019, 06:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Hello, thanks for the link. That's a beautiful car listed on BaT, although I'm not a fan of the fake carbon fiber sticker that's on the dash. Nonetheless, it's pictures like those that made me fall in love with the SL65 years ago. The market for the SL65 is soft; there aren't too many buyers looking to buy this car. I'll definitely keep an eye on that listing.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:25 AM

None, looking to buy
I saw you're selling this and the C55. What's on the horizon for you?
Old 02-15-2019, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
At the moment, I did purchase a GC SRT, so now I have something a little larger for the Home Depot runs. After that, I'm honestly not too sure, since the list is long and I haven't won the Powerball yet