Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

WTB/ISO R230/231 SL with Distronic and ABC

Wanted

2013 - 2018 Mercedes-Benz SL550

10-01-2020, 04:46 PM | Replies: 2 | Views: 1279
  • 2013 - 2018 Mercedes-Benz SL550 - WTB/ISO R230/231 SL with Distronic and ABC - Used - 70,000 Miles - Convertible - Beige - Kennesaw, GA 30152, United States

• Price
    $20,000 - $60,000
  • Location Kennesaw, GA, 30152, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Mileage 70,000
  • Vehicle Type Convertible
  • Exterior Color Beige
Description:

My wife and I are searching for a date car (as she has insisted that I dump my beloved Aston DB7 v12 convertible on the scrap heap of 'in the shop too often' history (plus it doesn't have a backup camera and I refuse to splotch something on the dash or the rear view mirror).

We've been looking for the ideal SL, which for us would be as close as possible to the following...Designo White/red leather (color is more her thing, but neither of us want black on black), Distronic (an absolute must for me), Blind Spot (an absolute must for her), ABC (damn near an absolute must for me, but if everything else was a complete homerun, maybe), AMG package (I'd love the real thing, probably don't want to pay for it or maintain it, and would settle for the styling package), KeyGo, and Pano (Magic Sky would be a plus). Lights are important (the halogens in our GLE400 are awful!) so extra points for auto high beams and folding mirrors. Previous accidents don't bother me if there are records. I've even looked at a salvage car or two. I get more nervous the further they are above 70k miles and less nervous the more records it has. I've looked at probably a hundred cars (most on line to be fair)...everything from 2018 to 2003 and from $13k to $70k and just haven't found the right fit. We have cash. We're in Atlanta, but don't mind buying anywhere and having it shipped or flying in to drive it back. I'll pay for the right car, but I'm expecting it to be priced generally around KBB Blue/Edmunds Private Party and I'll be really hard-pressed to pay more than $60k regardless (at some point, you just drive a new Corvette). She has to be blown away by a post facelift 2008-2011 R230 (of course, she wants the later model) and would prefer a post-facelift R231. I'd try and sneak the perfect R230 or pre-facelift R231 in the garage and see if she noticed.

This is kind of a 'Hail Mary'. I think she's tired of looking at cars with me and is making Tesla noises so I'm posting this hoping maybe someone has the car I'm looking for coming off lease, or trading in or something and maybe we can connect. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:16 AM

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts
2007 S65 AMG-Sold, 2007 SL55 P030 - 2016 GL450 - - 2017 AMG GTS - Sold - 2015 AMG S65
Originally Posted by JediJD
My wife and I are searching for a date car (as she has insisted that I dump my beloved Aston DB7 v12 convertible on the scrap heap of 'in the shop too often' history (plus it doesn't have a backup camera and I refuse to splotch something on the dash or the rear view mirror).

We've been looking for the ideal SL, which for us would be as close as possible to the following...Designo White/red leather (color is more her thing, but neither of us want black on black), Distronic (an absolute must for me), Blind Spot (an absolute must for her), ABC (damn near an absolute must for me, but if everything else was a complete homerun, maybe), AMG package (I'd love the real thing, probably don't want to pay for it or maintain it, and would settle for the styling package), KeyGo, and Pano (Magic Sky would be a plus). Lights are important (the halogens in our GLE400 are awful!) so extra points for auto high beams and folding mirrors. Previous accidents don't bother me if there are records. I've even looked at a salvage car or two. I get more nervous the further they are above 70k miles and less nervous the more records it has. I've looked at probably a hundred cars (most on line to be fair)...everything from 2018 to 2003 and from $13k to $70k and just haven't found the right fit. We have cash. We're in Atlanta, but don't mind buying anywhere and having it shipped or flying in to drive it back. I'll pay for the right car, but I'm expecting it to be priced generally around KBB Blue/Edmunds Private Party and I'll be really hard-pressed to pay more than $60k regardless (at some point, you just drive a new Corvette). She has to be blown away by a post facelift 2008-2011 R230 (of course, she wants the later model) and would prefer a post-facelift R231. I'd try and sneak the perfect R230 or pre-facelift R231 in the garage and see if she noticed.

This is kind of a 'Hail Mary'. I think she's tired of looking at cars with me and is making Tesla noises so I'm posting this hoping maybe someone has the car I'm looking for coming off lease, or trading in or something and maybe we can connect. Thanks in advance.
I own a 2007 v12 S65 AMG sedan and I have a perfect /unique 07 SL55 AMG with the P30 option - MB from 06-08 imported only 40 car withe the P30 option and mine is the only one that came in Agean Blue. I did purchase the car in 2017 from the MB dealer in Tulsa, (1 owner car) since that time. I do all the required maintenance on my cars (and for about 8-10 MB's for others), I'm a professional engineer and have all the tools, lifts and MB Star Diagnostic System to properly take care of any MB vehicle. This very dear to and the only reason I'm considering to sell the car as I just have acquired a 2017 AMG GTS
My cars are not low mileage cars as I love to drive them. If you like to talk about this send me PM and we can talk, I wish you well in your search for that perfect car.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'20 CLS53, '16 GLE 400 4M (hers) '14 E350 4M (daughter's)
Wow! What a pretty ride, and what a neat hobby and collection. I don't envy a lot of people, but you sound like you have this figured out. That being said, I'm at the mercy of my wife of now 38 years...in that if she doesn't get her preferences then I might not make 39 (unless I want to sleep with it in the garage). If she dumps me in the near future, I at least have a destination, because I would be your target market. Thanks for reaching out, and good luck!+