Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

NAV-TV ZEN-M NTV-KIT871 MOST150 Audio Interface (2015+)

For Sale

Audio Video/Electronics

11-10-2020, 06:50 PM | Replies: 49 | Views: 8043
  • Audio Video/Electronics - NAV-TV ZEN-M NTV-KIT871 MOST150 Audio Interface (2015+) - Used - 2015 to 2020 Mercedes-Benz All Models - Redwood City, CA 94063, United States

• Price
    $700
    • OBO
  • Location Redwood City, CA, 94063, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Mercedes-Benz Any Model 2015 - 2020
Description:

Up for grabs is an audio output interface (TOSLINK or analog RCA) for a Mercedes (2015+) that uses the MOST150 fiber bus. This device gives you a clean signal to use with an aftermarket DSP in your Mercedes. I had this in my 2019 C43 before deciding to go another route.

This replaces the factory amp. (If you dont have an amp, you may need to also purchase the activation module from NAV-TV.)

Will ship FEDEX with signature confirmation due to value.

$700 OBO

Old 11-12-2020, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
What is version of the firmware?
Old 11-12-2020, 07:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 C43
Originally Posted by benzdude
What is version of the firmware?
It is 1.2.7 currently. It appears there's a 2.x version that was released earlier this year on 6.25.20. I'm not sure the changes (there's no change log that says), but I can also update it ahead of time if you are interested.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by miztahsparklez
It is 1.2.7 currently. It appears there's a 2.x version that was released earlier this year on 6.25.20. I'm not sure the changes (there's no change log that says), but I can also update it ahead of time if you are interested.
Long story.

There was a bug in v1.2.7 that would make the aftermarket amplifier volume go to 100% when you tried to make a Bluetooth phone call.

Luckily, I had a DSP amp with master volume control and I had it set to less than 50% when I tested. I also got hold of firmware 1.2.10 which had a fix for that.

I ended up returning my first ZEN-M to Amazon because I wasn't sure if my new DSP would ship and I didn't want to keep it.

The most recent ZEN-M unit I purchased with V2.0 firmware would only output audio over the toslink and no audio via the RCAs.

That one has also been returned and I am waiting for Amazon to restock and try again.

I called NAV TV several times but they just seem confused.

Did you use the RCAs on your unit or just the toslink? In need both RCA and Toslink for best results.

Old 11-13-2020, 12:43 AM

2019 C43
Long story.

There was a bug in v1.2.7 that would make the aftermarket amplifier volume go to 100% when you tried to make a Bluetooth phone call.

Luckily, I had a DSP amp with master volume control and I had it set to less than 50% when I tested. I also got hold of firmware 1.2.10 which had a fix for that.

I ended up returning my first ZEN-M to Amazon because I wasn't sure if my new DSP would ship and I didn't want to keep it.

The most recent ZEN-M unit I purchased with V2.0 firmware would only output audio over the toslink and no audio via the RCAs.

That one has also been returned and I am waiting for Amazon to restock and try again.

I called NAV TV several times but they just seem confused.

Did you use the RCAs on your unit or just the toslink? In need both RCA and Toslink for best results.
I actually had a version of 1.2.7 that had modified phone volume, so it seemed normal for me.

One thing to note I was able to turn up/down the phone volume in the car navigation UI once I was in a call. It stuck after I set it once, but I don't think it was blasting at 100% ever.

I tested both RCA and TOSLINK just fine.

I actually needed some extra channels so I used TOSLINK for my DSP then stereo out for 2 more channels.

Last edited by miztahsparklez; 11-13-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:52 PM

2019 C43
Also, just want to note that this unit is about a year old. My original unit came DOA, so NAV-TV sent me a replacement that worked. I updated the firmware to the modified 1.2.7 once I got it to change the phone volume.

I can still do some testing with it (and temporarily reinstall it into the car) if you want me to confirm any behavior. I haven't started to remove anything else yet.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
To be honest I could'nt meet your price of $700. Probably only $400.

Also, you are fairly new poster and not tested yet.

Last edited by benzdude; 11-17-2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:39 PM

2019 C43
To be honest I could'nt meet your price of $700. Probably only $400.

Also, you are fairly new poster and not tested yet.
Lol all good. I am MiztahSparklez on audizine and other forums (benz modding isn't quite as active as it was on the Audi community). Also 100% ebay rating . This car is just my second C class, first was a w203. Interestingly enough, not many people go as in depth here with a full install, as many people just want plug and play.

400 is probably a bit too low considering fees from PayPal, etc.

Happy to provide any additional testing prior to purchase with video/pictures if you want to offer something closer to the ask price. Otherwise the unit is just going to go on ebay if it doesn't sell here.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Lol all good. I am MiztahSparklez on audizine and other forums (benz modding isn't quite as active as it was on the Audi community). Also 100% ebay rating . This car is just my second C class, first was a w203. Interestingly enough, not many people go as in depth here with a full install, as many people just want plug and play.

400 is probably a bit too low considering fees from PayPal, etc.

Happy to provide any additional testing prior to purchase with video/pictures if you want to offer something closer to the ask price. Otherwise the unit is just going to go on ebay if it doesn't sell here.
Send me the link on eBay I will think about it.

I still need a Zen-m to eliminate the factory amp, plus gain a proper 12v remote trigger for my V twelve DSP. Right now I am using the JL Audio fix 82 into the DSP to all 9 speakers and it sounds great.

Btw did you have burmester or just base factory audio.

Last edited by benzdude; 11-17-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
This is were I am trying to go in final setup.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:03 AM

2019 C43
Send me the link on eBay I will think about it.

I still need a Zen-m to eliminate the factory amp, plus gain a proper 12v remote trigger for my V twelve DSP. Right now I am using the JL Audio fix 82 into the DSP to all 9 speakers and it sounds great.

Btw did you have burmester or just base factory audio.
Sure thing, will put the link here once I get a moment to post it.

I had the Burmester and it lasted about a week before I started modding it .

My question is why do you want to use both RCA and TOSLINK?

Just for rear fader control? Or does your car have DVD/surround?

My car doesn't have an optical drive at all lol. I just used a helix DSP Ultra for all the processing, so I didn't need the analog stuff.

I'll probably load 2.x on this to try it out and see if it has any issues, otherwise I'll roll it back. Just to make sure it's in working order.
​​​​
Old 11-18-2020, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport

I had the Burmester and it lasted about a week before I started modding it .

My question is why do you want to use both RCA and TOSLINK?

Just for rear fader control? Or does your car have DVD/surround?

My car doesn't have an optical drive at all lol. I just used a helix DSP Ultra for all the processing, so I didn't need the analog stuff.

I'll probably load 2.x on this to try it out and see if it has any issues, otherwise I'll roll it back. Just to make sure it's in working order.
​​​​
Yes, ​​​​​I need the RCAs for rear fader and 5.1, 7.1 surround on Dolby movies. I am replacing all speakers, including the center channel and rear surrounds.

Check out the diagram in my last post.

Be-careful with v2 firmware it had the 100% Bluetooth phone call volume issue and I had to flip dip switch 5 to fix as instructed by NAV-tv.

I just noticed that my last Zen-m had 7 dip switches, but the NAV-tv manual only shows only 6. Not sure how many yours has. All of this is confusing.

Lastly, in my testing with the last Zen-m unit I found that the Toslink Downmix feature seemed reversed for 5.1 surround movies.

With (TOSLink Downmix) Dip 3 enabled you are supposed get stereo audio for 2 channel music and *Mixed Stereo for 7.1 or 5.1 movies.

*Mixed Stereo: Left = Front left + Center + Rear Back Surround left + LFE, Right = Front right + Center + Rear Back Surround right + LFE

Stereo audio for 2 channel music sounded fine; however, when I play a 5.1 Dolby surround movie, the center channel audio was missing.

I even verified this by playing the same movie in my 7.1 home theater and disconnecting the center channel. it was the same effect.

it would appear to me as a bug in the coding of the V2 firmware.

Last edited by benzdude; 11-18-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Here is the DSP ultra version of that setup

Old 11-18-2020, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport

My car doesn't have an optical drive at all lol.

​​​​
Your car didn't come with a DVD movie player? it uses same the MOST150 line into the factory amp.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
I might have to get my hands on a Mobridge DA-G2.Standard MOST150 Mercedes unit. They seem more organized.

https://mobridge.us/product-category.../most150-merc/
Old 11-18-2020, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Old 11-19-2020, 04:01 AM

2019 C43
Your car didn't come with a DVD movie player? it uses same the MOST150 line into the factory amp.
Nope, there is no optical drive at all. I only have USB drives and a SD card slot lol. I removed the Burmester amp and put in my DSP and the Zen-m in the same spot. I suppose they did away with the optical drive in 2019 in favor of car play/google auto.

My Zen-M only has 6 DIP switches.

I had also used Mobridge in my Audi in the past, but they didn't have a MOST150 solution when I got my C43. I asked for more information on development, but they didn't seem interested in the platform. It seems only recently I've stumbled upon their new MOST 150 products. I was actually eyeing their Pro solution to try and reduce the number of components in my system, which is why I'm considering selling. However, I've sent them a few emails to ask some questions and they haven't been responsive at all.

Usually, I get lucky with NAV-TV and use their chat feature during the day. They were usually able to respond, but I haven't had a chat with them since they've already replaced my original unit with a working one.

I'll try to get some testing in this weekend and will keep you posted.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Nope, there is no optical drive at all. I only have USB drives and a SD card slot lol. I removed the Burmester amp and put in my DSP and the Zen-m in the same spot. I suppose they did away with the optical drive in 2019 in favor of car play/google auto.

My Zen-M only has 6 DIP switches.

I had also used Mobridge in my Audi in the past, but they didn't have a MOST150 solution when I got my C43. I asked for more information on development, but they didn't seem interested in the platform. It seems only recently I've stumbled upon their new MOST 150 products. I was actually eyeing their Pro solution to try and reduce the number of components in my system, which is why I'm considering selling. However, I've sent them a few emails to ask some questions and they haven't been responsive at all.

Usually, I get lucky with NAV-TV and use their chat feature during the day. They were usually able to respond, but I haven't had a chat with them since they've already replaced my original unit with a working one.

I'll try to get some testing in this weekend and will keep you posted.
I did some research and was able to contact someone from Mobridge on diy mobile audio:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...g2-pro.430529/

There are three units. Entry, Standard and PRO.

The DA-G2.Entry MOST150 mono channel volume controls only. It does not contain any advanced DSP processing beyond what the vehicle controls provide such as bass, treble, balance, and fade etc. Only TOSlink output.

The DA-G2.Standard MOST150 allows for channel summing, channel mapping and mono channel volume controls only. It does not contain any advanced DSP processing beyond what the vehicle controls provide such as bass, treble, balance and fade etc.

The DA-G2.Pro MOST150 is capable of concurrently running advanced DSP algorithms on up to 12 channels. It provides full access to channel mapping, channel summing, parametric crossovers, a 1024 point graphic equalizer, channel high/low/band-pass filters, phase inversion, time alignment, master/channel gain control, center channel upmixing algorithms, in-vehicle preset control, and many other features.

I was told that TOSLink and RCAs produce audio output simultaneously.

You get 10 RCA outputs. 8 RCA via included cable and 2 attached to the unit. (Standard and Prod only)

Looks like only this guy has them.

https://www.wirelessaircard.com/mobr...t150-mercedes/

Old 11-19-2020, 01:23 PM

2019 C43
I did some research and was able to contact someone from Mobridge on diy mobile audio:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...g2-pro.430529/

There are three units. Entry, Standard and PRO.

The DA-G2.Entry MOST150 mono channel volume controls only. It does not contain any advanced DSP processing beyond what the vehicle controls provide such as bass, treble, balance, and fade etc. Only TOSlink output.

The DA-G2.Standard MOST150 allows for channel summing, channel mapping and mono channel volume controls only. It does not contain any advanced DSP processing beyond what the vehicle controls provide such as bass, treble, balance and fade etc.

The DA-G2.Pro MOST150 is capable of concurrently running advanced DSP algorithms on up to 12 channels. It provides full access to channel mapping, channel summing, parametric crossovers, a 1024 point graphic equalizer, channel high/low/band-pass filters, phase inversion, time alignment, master/channel gain control, center channel upmixing algorithms, in-vehicle preset control, and many other features.

I was told that TOSLink and RCAs produce audio output simultaneously.

You get 10 RCA outputs. 8 RCA via included cable and 2 attached to the unit. (Standard and Prod only)

Looks like only this guy has them.

https://www.wirelessaircard.com/mobr...t150-mercedes/
One of my local stereo shops carries mobridge, but they've been using NAV-TV for their MB installs and couldn't comment on their performance. They did mention that the mobridge DSP itself isn't as flexible as the helix, but reluctantly admitted that it would probably be sufficient for my needs.

From that thread in DIYMA, it sounds like they're saying it's using stereo audio only from the MOST bus, but you can assign output channels however you want. Not sure if I'm reading that correctly. It seems like they've included the option for a center channel mix on their Pro, but it's not discrete audio like you're imagining.

It's a very interesting line of products for sure though. I might try to ask them to let me know the next time they get a MB install in with a mobridge.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
One of my local stereo shops carries mobridge, but they've been using NAV-TV for their MB installs and couldn't comment on their performance. They did mention that the mobridge DSP itself isn't as flexible as the helix, but reluctantly admitted that it would probably be sufficient for my needs.

From that thread in DIYMA, it sounds like they're saying it's using stereo audio only from the MOST bus, but you can assign output channels however you want. Not sure if I'm reading that correctly. It seems like they've included the option for a center channel mix on their Pro, but it's not discrete audio like you're imagining.

It's a very interesting line of products for sure though. I might try to ask them to let me know the next time they get a MB install in with a mobridge.
You would think these companies would dedicate more time to properly document all of the features of their expensive products. Everything is kept so secretive. The manuals have not been updated in years and only mention older products and NTG 4. No mention of ntg5 installs.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:31 PM

2019 C43
You would think these companies would dedicate more time to properly document all of the features of their expensive products. Everything is kept so secretive. The manuals have not been updated in years and only mention older products and NTG 4. No mention of ntg5 installs.
Lol, I'm just wondering if it's going to be plagued with the same or worse bugs since it's so new. It's funny you say that because you're right, all of the manuals link back to the previous Gen. The only new document was the dip switch setting.

​​​​​​I had the Audison branded mobridge in my Audi (I was using an audison Bit one dsp at first), but it was identical to the regular one. I paid extra for the same gear basically, as I thought I needed the audison one for volume control with my dsp lol. Ended up selling it eventually once I returned that car to stock.

But by then, I feel like most 25 was out for years already and a majority of bugs were already fixed. I did have to update the firmware on it to fix a vehicle specific turn on issue, but that mobidge was solid otherwise.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Lol, I'm just wondering if it's going to be plagued with the same or worse bugs since it's so new. It's funny you say that because you're right, all of the manuals link back to the previous Gen. The only new document was the dip switch setting.

​​​​​​I had the Audison branded mobridge in my Audi (I was using an audison Bit one dsp at first), but it was identical to the regular one. I paid extra for the same gear basically, as I thought I needed the audison one for volume control with my dsp lol. Ended up selling it eventually once I returned that car to stock.

But by then, I feel like most 25 was out for years already and a majority of bugs were already fixed. I did have to update the firmware on it to fix a vehicle specific turn on issue, but that mobidge was solid otherwise.
The mobridge guy said in another post that a new manual was being released, but that was two months ago.

Looks like they updated their firmware in September 2020, which is good.

I agree with you, while the device looks very nice it may have bugs.

Zen-m is the devil I currently know, I just wished all features worked as expected.

I assume your unit has a serial no. lower than 20000?

My first unit was 198261, second with v2.0 was 209396.

​7 dip switch units might be gen 2. I see Audiotec Fisher is now advertising them on their website with a custom manual.

Last edited by benzdude; 11-19-2020 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
They even made a special T adapter cable for Burmester amps, so you don't have to cut any factory wires.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:49 PM

2019 C43
They even made a special T adapter cable for Burmester amps, so you don't have to cut any factory wires.

Fancy lol. I originally just used T taps 😬. Then I ran all new cable..

Mine is actually just slightly older than your first unit. 198244.

​​​I want to say I tested all the RCAS with a set of headphones when I first put it in to verify things were fully working, so maybe I'll have better luck.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Fancy lol. I originally just used T taps 😬. Then I ran all new cable..

Mine is actually just slightly older than your first unit. 198244.

​​​I want to say I tested all the RCAS with a set of headphones when I first put it in to verify things were fully working, so maybe I'll have better luck.
Well If you test, let me know If:
  • All RCAs have audio (except when channel 11 is muted)
  • Center channel (vocals) has output on RCA 11 with DIP 3 in DOWN/Disabled position
  • TOSlink produces a fullrange stereo signal for DOLBY and DTS coded signals with DIP 3 in UP/Enabled position
Everything should work like in this chart.

You can download a 5.1 Dolby surround trailer or movie sample and put it on a USB thumb drive or maybe from a phone.

I couldn't find the 2019 command manual to check what video formats it plays. Probably .MKV, .MP4 in 720p resolution.