Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Audio gateway

Wanted

Audio Video/Electronics

12-10-2021, 08:42 AM | Replies: 2 | Views: 543
  • Audio Video/Electronics - Audio gateway - New or Used - 2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG - Seaford, NY 11783, United States

• Price
    $0 - $500
    • Trade
  • Location Seaford, NY, 11783, USA
  • Condition New or Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 2004
Description:

I recently bought an e55 Amg. The radio would cut out randomly while playing and ever since i changed out my battery the radio just has the Mercedes logo as its going through its checks but never comes back on. I haven't plugged in the fiber cable loop to check individual components but from what I've read most say its the audio gateway.

Any help on this subject would be great as well as the parts to fix this issue.  

Old 12-14-2021, 06:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W221
Quick Fix

My car does the same thing. I have a quick fix for it. When you star up the ignition, the Mercedes Logo pops up on the screen and stays there why the audio system is booting up. What I do it start hitting the ON button repeatedly for a few seconds till it boots up. If I don't hit the ON button, it just keeps rebooting again and again (Mercedes log then blank then logo then blank...). Give it a shot!

BTW, where did you find the fiber cable loop? I've always wanted to test my components by can't find it on eBay.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Sumit Bhasin
My car does the same thing. I have a quick fix for it. When you star up the ignition, the Mercedes Logo pops up on the screen and stays there why the audio system is booting up. What I do it start hitting the ON button repeatedly for a few seconds till it boots up. If I don't hit the ON button, it just keeps rebooting again and again (Mercedes log then blank then logo then blank...). Give it a shot!

BTW, where did you find the fiber cable loop? I've always wanted to test my components by can't find it on eBay.
tried it but no good. Thanks for the tip. You can get the optic loop on amazon. I haven't bought one that was my next step.

my cd changer in the dash wont open up also. My guess is it would be the audio gateway.