Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Well maintained 2004 W211 E55 AMG

For Sale

2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG

12-16-2022, 02:02 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 3059
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG - Well maintained 2004 W211 E55 AMG - Used - VIN WDBUF76J64A579454 - 189,000 Miles - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Silver - Flemington, NJ 08822, United States
    Sold
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG - Well maintained 2004 W211 E55 AMG - Used - VIN WDBUF76J64A579454 - 189,000 Miles - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Silver - Flemington, NJ 08822, United States
    Sold
    Sold

• Price
    $15,000
    • OBO
  • Location Flemington, NJ, 08822, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN WDBUF76J64A579454
  • Mileage 189,000
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Silver
Description:

This pains me, but I think it’s time for a new project. This car was purchased in July of 2014 with 80,000 on the clock. It has served me so well over the last 8 years and 100,000+ miles as a daily driver. Since March of 2020 (start of covid), it’s only been driven 9,500 miles as I WFH full-time now. All recent maintenance has been performed since that time much of it in the last month. I have a hefty folder of records from dealer and indy-shop work, but don’t have actual records for the work performed by my best friend that is an AMG Certified Master tech (does my work from home on the side). I can provide his contact as a reference if needed.

December of 2015, car was rear ended in stop & go traffic at less than 5mph. Damaged OEM rear bumper and pushed my car at the same speed into the car in front of me. Enough to crack the top of the bumper/grill. Insurance covered OEM E63 front and rear bumper replacement, plus grill. Took the opportunity to refresh the front end with the new headlights there too.
Overall, car is extremely solid and reliable. Maintenance has always been top of mind for me and I never moved forward with looking for more power. Motor is 99% stock, minus some UDP aluminum pulleys. Garage kept for most of its life with me and always fun to drive.

Will provide updated photos of the car with the refinished OEM wheels and issue points once I get it back from the indy-shop next week. There for maintenance currently.

2004 E55 AMG

• 189,000 miles
  • 3rd owner (purchased at 80,000 miles July 2014)
  • Clean title, no salvage, no lien
  • Brilliant Silver
  • Black Perforated Leather
  • No nav, no Bluetooth, no satellite radio
  • Panoramic roof
  • Rear sun shade
  • Heated/ventilated/dynamic seats
  • Avant-garde package (blue tinted glass, minus front windshield, original owner replaced it)
  • 35% window tint
  • Keyless go (don't use it since I use the newer style key, have the original which should still function with it)
  • Tele-aid disabled
  • TPMS operable
  • OEM 18x8/18x9 wheels—refinished in bright silver metallic powder coat (12/22)
  • Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 tires with 75% life (235/40 and 275/35)
BBS LM's:
  • Wheels were imported from Japan. Originally 5x114.3 and I had them professionally re-drilled/tapped to 5x112 to fit my w211 without adapters or wobble bolts. 

BBS LM118 19x9 et 38
    BBS LM119 19x10 et 40

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's 235/35 and 275/30 (1200 miles on them, no burnouts)

Wheels were not refinished when I bought them and they've only been on for this summer season. Faces are in good condition, lips are like 7/10. Slight clear-coat peel in a few spots one 2 wheels and a small 1" curb rash on one wheel. No other set in the country with this fitment size for w211's.
Modifications:
  • OEM European E63 front bumper (purchased from Germany direct for side-marker delete, has parking sensor cutouts, but not parktronic on the car)
  • OEM E63 front grill
  • OEM E63 front fogs
  • OEM US E63 rear bumper (has parking sensor cutouts, but not parktronic on the car)
  • OEM E63 rear trunk panel (wider plate cutout)
  • OEM E63 facelift tails
  • OEM E63 facelift headlights (bi-xenons not hooked up) with upgraded EVO projector lenses with new OSRAM Xenarc Cool Blue Intense D1S bulbs and new ballasts
  • OEM All-weather mats
  • OEM stainless parking brake pedal
  • Suvneer E63 Godhand Carbon front lip spoiler (painted textured black)
  • Suvneer Carbon rear bumper lower valence (painted textured black)
  • BC Racing Coilovers adjustable/dampening (fully removed airmatic system)
  • F1-Fabrication Adjustable front upper control arms + poly bushings
  • Camber king adjustable upper CA's
  • OEM C63 Rear Muffler
  • Custom mandrel-bent 2.5" exhaust, resonator delete, secondary cat delete, custom x/h pipe
  • UPD aluminum pulleys
  • Bosch 010 Intercooler Pump

Maintenance in the last 9,500 miles: all work performed by either my local dealer, indy shop or my good friend.
  • Full fuel pump/fuel system replacement with Mercedes-Benz NA recall
  • Full SBC replacement with Mercedes-Benz NA recall (last year)
  • Oil changes every 5k miles religiously with Mobil 1 0W-40, OEM filter, and new bolt/copper washers at every change
  • New OEM rear wheel speed sensors
  • New OEM rear driver side impulse ring
  • New OEM front driver side ball joint
  • New OEM steering rack
  • New OEM rear lower position arms
  • New OEM sway bar links
  • New OEM air filters
  • New Bosch coilpacks (x8)
  • New Bosch spark plugs (x8)
  • New Bremi spark plug wire kit
  • New OEM TPMS sensors (x4)
  • New OEM E55 crossed drilled front rotors/pads
  • New OEM passenger side front caliper (old one seized)
  • New OEM driver rear brake line
  • New OEM driver rear caliper
  • New OEM front lower control arms
  • New Hella Supertone horn (replaced OEM horn with one of the Hella’s, have the other still)
  • Full brake fluid flush/replacement
  • New OEM trunk potentiometer (have part, not replaced yet. Trunk works fine)
  • New OEM panoramic roof shade plastic track guides
  • NEW Duralast Gold Battery w/ 2 year warranty
  • Replaced supercharger oil with Mobile 1 Jet
  • Panoramic roof was serviced, tracks tightened, re-greased
  • Replaced both front doors due to rust on the lower corners with salvaged doors from a yard. Same paint code (driver side is slightly lighter, but I have never had a full paint correction)
Current Issues:
  • Body/paint: normal rock chips for age and mileage. Could benefit from a professional detail and paint correct to address the previously mentioned front door replacement. Still looks great and silver is always clean
  • Rear view mirrors: need new rubber gasket around them (currently showing signs of brittleness)
  • Driver rear door: small 1” round clearcoat peel on the top corner of window (will provide photo)
  • Rear driver side bumper: small crack on rear corner, have a new chrome bumper trim piece to replace
  • Suvneer front lip: could use a repair, some scrape marks and damage from rocks. Super solid and does not need to be replaced.
  • OEM facelift bi-xenons headlights: low beams, high beams (halogen), turn signals work perfectly
    - high beams (bi-xenon flap) are not functioning right now. Wiring was replaced, but never had the time to source the coding
    - city lights: LED circuit board city bulb was replaced with a traditional WY5 wedge bulb socket and wired. Not operable right now. Recommend opening headlights and replacing the wire insulation as they have frayed over the years
    - The original OEM E55 xenon headlights will be provided with the car (still have them)
  • Panoramic roof: motor is showing signs of needing replacement, last I tried it in the summer, it grinded a bit so I just closed both the roof and the shade since I never used it much
  • Cup-holder cover: has a small crack on top
  • Rear AC vents: blow out hot air occasionally in the summer: I source down the cause of this issue, but haven’t had time to fix it. Fix is simple and cheap and I have the new chip to replace the defective one in the SAM (will provide forum link to show how to fix)

Last edited by das eighty; 01-04-2023 at 07:49 AM. Reply
Old 12-18-2022 | 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 e450 cabriolet, 2015 s550, 2024 c300 , 2006 E55, 2005 e320, 2007 gl450, 2014 e63
GLWS! Market dropping sadly
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:59 AM

2011 E63 AMG
wayyyyy to high price
The following 2 users liked this post by e666amg:
C_Note (12-28-2022), gblack32 (12-20-2022)
Old 01-11-2023 | 05:47 PM

Cls 63s AMG
Is the E55 still available?
Old 01-29-2023 | 06:41 PM

Jaguar F-type S
9k Cash