Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

maybach pics in nyc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG
ya i've seen jay z on the west side highway in a maybach in the back seat with another guy bobbing there heads up and down. right in the back of them were 2 black escalades following them. As for NYC streets....BAD. Especially around Crosby st which is da worst

Last edited by Bipasha493; 11-30-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Damn how hard do you have to hit a pothole for that kinda damage to happen!!
I think he was to busy taking pictures of the Mayback.. didn't notice a boulder on the road!

j/k buddy
Old 12-01-2005, 02:48 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Originally Posted by Sauceboy01
I think he was to busy taking pictures of the Mayback.. didn't notice a boulder on the road!

j/k buddy
hahahahhaah! I know that's not true too, but it's kinda funny. Sorry to hear about your wheel though...I think after the experiences you've had, I'd give up on lorinser too!

that maybach is sweet though. sometimes at the benz dealer in winston-salem they'll have one sitting in the showroom. I got to get in it - really nice. Now they replaced it with an slr with a DO NOT TOUCH sign on it - not as fun! I'd love to sit in THAT one!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:37 PM

2005 Chrysler 300c and 2004 Range Rover hse
Originally Posted by Bipasha493
ya i've seen jay z on the west side highway in a maybach in the back seat with another guy bobbing there heads up and down. right in the back of them were 2 black escalades following them. As for NYC streets....BAD. Especially around Crosby st which is da worst
Yeah i saw Jay in his Maybach a couple of weeks ago in front of this restaurant Ciprianni's i think. The Maybach was lookin nice and clean
Old 12-13-2005, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 E55
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
ricky this **** is crazy, thats the 2nd lorinser ive bent this month. this one i was on the highway (bqe for the ny guys about to go into the brooklyn battery tunnel) going like 45 and theres was this huge crater of a pothole in my lane with a barrier on one side of me and a car on the other side. i saw it and slowed from like 55-60 but i was forced to hit it. these huge potholes sprout out of no where, but this one may be a result of all the rain we just recently had - it rained, no it down poured for 8 days straight and we got over 13 inches
There is couple of tricks to minimize damage to the rims/car when you know that you will hit a pothole. I use it all the time and it helped very much back in Russia (we got no roads there - only directions).

1. Example. You approaching a pothole and you know that your left front wheel will hit it. Right before it does flick the steering wheel right and then left.
The idea is to unload the wheel which is going to hit a pothole, it will not fall all the way down, so you rim is safe.
Flick it fast but not hard enough for car to change direction too much, so you stay in your lane.
Try it on some small pothole or sewer dip somewhere to get a hand of it.

2. This one is more for big potholes (2 wheels in), or dips...but can work on one wheel pothole as well.
It's easy. Slow down hard before the pot hole and then floor it.
The trick is to release the brake and floor it at the right time. Front will unload and will be jacked up even more from the acceleration.
If you drive a Tiptronic or smth, good idea to drop couple of gears.
Cos if you do it in Drive it's more tricky to hit the gas and provoke a downshift at the correct point. But it's doable. took me about 10 tries to figure out a downshift delay.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG, 2001 S430
Yeah I just saw a Burgandy one in midtown manattan.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is a russian guy in East flatbush brooklyn on Clarendon road that fixes bent and cracked rims. he charges like $40-$60 per wheel. I had a steering wheel vibration/slow leak about a month ago and took it to him. He took it off and I couldnt freaking believe it but I had TWO bends and a crack that was leaking air. He charged me $60 to fix it on the spot and I was on my way. Its lame cuz I know he still charges me more than people with non luxury vehicles. LAst time I went off on him and he banned me from his shop for like 6 months!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Charcoal Grey E350 Coupe
There is also a guy in Brooklyn on Pacific betweem Franklin and Classon, on the left right before Classon. He charged about $60 per rim,not bad since rims new,are usually much more. The place has an opening with some guys hanging around. He did me right when I went.....