Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Maybach Exelero

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-05-2006 | 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Well at least my words were true:

As I said earlier Jay-Z's new video, which is now out (view it at MTV.com or Yahoo! Music), features the car of the moment, the Maybach coupe. As I said earlier, I saw this car drive (live) at the video set in Manhattan a couple of weeks back and while it looks pretty good - it looked a little big and boaty.

But now get this: a friend of mine, who worked on the set of the video actually told me that Jay-Z actually has this car on order! Yessir, you read correct, while I cannot say for sure if this is true this is what the rumor was on the set of the video shoot. Well I guess since he's got an S600 (had 2 of them), CL600 (had 2-3 of them), and Maybach 62, Mercedes is hooking him up.

Anyway, just wanted to contribute something meaningful to the thread. Oh and the name of the video is "Lost Ones" by Jay-Z, just in case you want to search it online.

Tee_Tz.
Old 12-05-2006 | 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by ClayJ
LOL.

You guys crack me up!
Wish I could say the same.

Please spell "stoopid" correctly, as "stupid." An discontinue use of "shiznit." I find it offensive.

Very fathomable and very believable.

I believe that the Maybach Excelero may be an over-dressed SLR Mclaren? This would be an easy explanation as to the size and engine of the car?

Old 12-05-2006 | 12:31 PM

c43
so is there car going to go into production at all? Or anytime soon? If it is a v12 it was based off the current s65 engine right? Were there any problems with the car, i.e. overheating, and also were all the top tech stuff used in this car, compared to slr brakes and e63 brakes, how does this car fair up? Also what was the power output on the car? Would a tuned sl65 beat it? Sorry for all the questions but there are so many pages of crap here its diffcult to sift through all of it.
Old 12-05-2006 | 01:27 PM
ON PROBATION

My information at this point is that yes, it is going into production - or at least that is the plan at this point.

It is slated at this point in time to have the current V12 in the showcar (I am sure with some re-working) currently reported to have an output at or in excess of 700 HP.

It is my understanding that any extended or strenuous driving of one of the showcars results in frequent overheating....

I was informed that the production Maybach Exelero would be "the size of the SLR", and that it would "have a complete Maybach luxury interior". Of course the showcars are absolute pigs, weight-wise; so we would expect the performance and handling of the production model to be entirely different.

I can't remember the rest of it, at the moment, but there you go.

And this was a very early leak - an unauthorized one - by me. I still think that it is going to be some time before we hear anything more about it from anywhere else.... Who knows how long that will be, how far along in the pre-production process they are?

...and yeah, don't you just love all of the pages of 'crap'?
Old 12-05-2006 | 04:42 PM

^- at least this guy validated himself being a fraud by using the word's 'stoopid shiznit'

Finally!
Old 12-05-2006 | 05:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Anyone feel like calling 1-866-FOR-MAYBACH for real info on the Exelero?

Tempted, but I've got homework to do.
Old 12-05-2006 | 07:39 PM
ON PROBATION

My Parents-06s500-just sold,06CLS55-K4,2006 R350
Originally Posted by AsianML
Anyone feel like calling 1-866-FOR-MAYBACH for real info on the Exelero?

Tempted, but I've got homework to do.
I called that number and am now listening to the wonderful waiting music(been waiting 5 min.)
Old 12-05-2006 | 08:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by gangrun
I called that number and am now listening to the wonderful waiting music(been waiting 5 min.)
1-800-FOR-MERC has some interesting waiting music....
Old 12-05-2006 | 08:50 PM
ON PROBATION

Well I just got off the phone with a rep. and she gave me some very interseting info. .......on ClayJ!!

her words:" clayJ? Ya that ****head keeps calling here for info on our cars. The stupid *****."
Old 12-05-2006 | 09:59 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Anymore posts with insults of any kind and not pertaining to this thread topic, I'm gonna lock it.
Old 12-05-2006 | 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
oooohh. I wouldn't want to be the moderator that locks this thread.

Old 12-05-2006 | 10:44 PM
ON PROBATION

ok ill shut up now hahahahaha
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:00 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
This was all cleared up at the LA Auto Show. Check out my original post on another page:

https://mbworld.org/forums/slk55-r171/172596-la-auto-show-wow.html

ClayJ hasn't responded to the fact that the Exelero sign at the show - and each Maybach rep there - contradicts everything he says. I guess he knows better than MB.

In the end, nothing clears up a controversy like the bottom line. Maybach has been nothing but a big loser for MB financially. For any of you who are shareholders, you know this from their quarterly reports. They would never pour more money into that pit by putting the Exelero into production. But ClayJ is the Chairman and CEO of MB so I am pretty sure he already knew that. Sorry boss if I stole your thunder.

Even the SLR has failed to sell over 1000 units - would anyone buy an Exelero over an SLR??? But if you are ClayJ, you just buy both.

I actually am starting to like ClayJ. I have a crazy sister-in-law that I would like to introduce to him. And, most importantly, he makes me glad that I actually have an MB. If someone like him will go through so much effort to write so many fictional posts about a car line, it must be good.

Nobody is begging you to stay ClayJ. If we are so "stoopid" why don't you leave? Now run along, Snoop Dogg is waiting for him grammar and spelling lessons.

Last edited by Beleriand; 12-05-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:13 PM
ON PROBATION

I take back my last post- ClayJ is full of stanky steaming *****!
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:16 PM
ON PROBATION

He just cant get over the fact that there is always going to be someone who is wealthier than someone else
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:17 PM
ON PROBATION

By the way ClayJ I love your house! HA
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:23 PM

CLS55
I think the community here is tired of clayj.
Old 12-06-2006 | 12:29 AM

W124 300e,e320
Jay-Z drive the exelero in his lost ones video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g41NGF6xTEA
Old 12-06-2006 | 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Actually, Beleriand I disagree with you a little in some aspects. I think while Mercedes 'loses' money in these high car ventures - Maybach and the SLR - they will continue developing these cars because it's also part of the research and development. That being said, I expect we'll one day see parts of the SLR become commonplace in the SL, or parts and accessories of the Maybach will make it into the S-Class and/or CL. So it's not to say these ventures are complete failures, because they eventually use the research throughout the company.

In terms of the Maybach Exelero, I think they'll eventually put this car into production. That price that ClayJ gave of 2.5 million Euros is WAAAY OFF. The Bugatti Veyron, which is 10X more powerful and more expensive to make (est. $5 USD per unit), is sold for $1.3 million (USD); so how the hell would Mercedes produce a car to sell for 2.5 million Euros, that's ridiculous, even as a 'rare' production car, there's nobody that stupid to buy that car for that amount of money -- it's literally buying 2 Bugatti Veyron's, so I highly doubt that information is correct. And even if it's through auctions - I don't think Mercedes is the type to do that - they'll either offer to anybody (probably the elite class first) or not offer it at all. They don't do shady deals to sell 1 or 2 cars -- and if they did the price would be more like $20 million, with all those multi-millionaires and billionaires in Dubai (and Asia) who love exclusivity, that's how far the price would escalate - not 2.5 million euros -- a freaking scratch and win lotto winner could afford that!

But hey, Mercedes makes it's money from the E-Class followed by the C-Class, and even though cars like the AMG 63 series sell very small units, I think Mercedes does this to push the line of innovation and ability, it takes building these 'super-cars' (like the SLR) for Mercedes to realize their potential and the future of their cars -- and once you make an SLR to maximize your potential, why not sell a couple...

Tee_Tz.
Old 12-06-2006 | 11:14 AM
ON PROBATION

tee_tz: In terms of the Maybach Exelero, I think they'll eventually put this car into production. That price that ClayJ gave of 2.5 million Euros is WAAAY OFF. The Bugatti Veyron, which is 10X more powerful and more expensive to make (est. $5 USD per unit), is sold for $1.3 million (USD); so how the hell would Mercedes produce a car to sell for 2.5 million Euros, that's ridiculous, even as a 'rare' production car, there's nobody that stupid to buy that car for that amount of money -- it's literally buying 2 Bugatti Veyron's, so I highly doubt that information is correct. And even if it's through auctions - I don't think Mercedes is the type to do that - they'll either offer to anybody (probably the elite class first) or not offer it at all. They don't do shady deals to sell 1 or 2 cars -- and if they did the price would be more like $20 million, with all those multi-millionaires and billionaires in Dubai (and Asia) who love exclusivity, that's how far the price would escalate - not 2.5 million euros -- a freaking scratch and win lotto winner could afford that!
The European showcar is for sale, and is expected to go for plus-or-minus 2M euros.

I never posted anything about the expected pricing on the production Exelero.
Old 12-06-2006 | 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
I don't get what you mean by "The European showcar", is there are European and American one? Or is there 1 in Europe and 1 in the U.S.?

How are they selling it - is it an auction or at a Mercedes-Benz dealership?

Tee_Tz.
Old 12-06-2006 | 01:37 PM
ON PROBATION

I appreciate your interest, really, I do.

But haven't you read any of the prior posts in this thread?!!!

I have posted all of this information -- and I thought that I had done so in a clear and concise manner.... Perhaps I haven't....

There are 3 showcars:

One is making the rounds in the USA currently; and its 'home' seems to now be the Mercedes Classic Center in Irvine in Southern California.

One was last (that I am aware of) at a "we're going to produce the Exelero" MBZ VIP function in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada -- not sure if it is still there in Mississauga, at a certain dealership in Toronto, or where exactly it is at this moment in time. These two cars are virtually identical.

One has pretty much remained in Europe during its life. It has the BBS LM-looking wheels. It is slightly different from the other two cars in both its interior and exterior. It is the one that is now available for purchase.

The auction is by submission of sealed bids - highest bid gets it.

Hope I cleared all of that up.

Old 12-06-2006 | 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
So basically they are 3 Maybach coupes in the world. I don't know which one Jay-Z used in his video, maybe the one from Canada, which means it's for rent/hire. It'll most likely be in car shows throughout North America.

However, why are the selling the one that's in Europe? I mean it seems kind of odd to only make and sell 1 production car -- even the Sultan of Brunei had to buy 5 Bentley Javas when he commissioned Bentley to manufacture the car. Anyway, it seems very strange and 'un-Mercedes' like for them to do something like this. And where do the sealed bids go -- to Mercedes-Benz Germany headquarters?

By the way ClayJ, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly curious.

Tee_Tz.
Old 12-06-2006 | 06:31 PM
ON PROBATION

That is why I am posting in response to your questions....

This thread is supposed to be about the Exelero.

Promotional showcars, commissioned by Fulda. Their design, the project process, and the history of their development and build - and why there are three of them - is a long story - and previously posted by me. A thread search surely must turn all of that up, and answer those questions.

They were supposed to sell all three cars "upon completion of the show circuit" in September-October of this year. Apparently they have decided (perhaps because the Exelero is now to go into production at some point) to keep the two better cars - the two 'runners' or 'drivers' - for use in further promoting the Exelero. Those are the two cars currently in North America. The one garaged in Irvine is certainly making the rounds - from coast-to-coast across the USA. It has been very active, and at quite a few events. Depending on when the video was shot, I would say that it could ahve been either of the North American cars....

It is my understanding that the European showcar is not a runner, not a driver. Originally, in May or June - sometime back then - when they let it be known that they were going to offer the cars for sale, it was only the two runners which were going to be sold. The possibility that they have since plunked functioning mechanicals into the European showcar does exist, I would suppose. I can only guess that this is why they are parting with it: that it is not as promotionally useful as the other two.... I don't know the answer to that question, precisely -- I haven't asked it, myself. Perhaps the Canadian car will soon be on its way to Europe (or Asia)?

They are accepting sealed bids until some timeframe, or whatever -- I haven't pursued that either as I have been advised not to, and I follow that person's advice on automobile acquisitions almost always. I am sure that there is a contact person in DCX or MBZ who is accepting those bids and coordinating that process.

As I have made the decision to forgo one of the Exelero showcars or prototypes as my "Maybachmobile", I am not pursuing the showcars anymore, and am awaiting further details on the production model-to-be. We are very early on in the process on that, is my understanding.

As I learn more I will share it here on these forums - if not here in this thread due to the likelihood of the vandals succeeding in getting it locked, then elsewhere in another thread which I will start for that purpose.

My Exelero Maybachmobile quest has been a rather interesting one; and as is often the case, the car turns out to not be what you want after all...for many different reasons. The pursuit of a car does not always result in acquiring it -- just the way it often works.

Last edited by ClayJ; 12-06-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2006 | 07:51 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
LOSER!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Maybach Exelero