Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Maybach Key - Pic Request.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily - CL600
Arrow Maybach Key - Pic Request.

I would like to see a picture of a Maybach key.

If anyone has one please post it.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 PM
MNG

Audi's, a whole bunch of them
here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Maybach Key - Pic Request.-maybachkey1.jpg   Maybach Key - Pic Request.-maybachkey2.jpg  
Old 04-27-2007, 02:01 AM

Daily - CL600
Hey thanks MNG. :-)

Later,
Tom
Old 05-09-2007, 05:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
hmm, i was hoping they would come up with something more exclusive for the Maybach! i mean, how hard can it be to redesign the outside of the standard Merc key?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Nothing right now- am in college.
Originally Posted by ruykava
hmm, i was hoping they would come up with something more exclusive for the Maybach! i mean, how hard can it be to redesign the outside of the standard Merc key?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't think a $30,000 Benz should bear practically any resemblance to a $300,000 Maybach.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
What do you think it should like like? The ignition system is still the same, so the tip will look the same still. That's what you get, when you get SmartKey.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:51 PM

Mercedes all the way!
What do you think it should like like? The ignition system is still the same, so the tip will look the same still.
yes of course the tip must be the same, but there's quite a bit of the key left which the designers could have played with. i mean, just make the whole thing out of machined metal, give the fob a sleeker shape... and it would look a lot more expensive yet doesn't cost that much more. you don't even need to think about mass production given the low volume.

if only a few more maybach owners decide to buy because they like the key (i know, not a major consideration of most potential owners, but a nice key says something about the care that has gone into the car itself) i'm sure it's a good business decision as well.

Bentley for example has basically the same key as its parent VW, but a bit of extra work makes it extra special...
http://automobilesdeluxe.blogspot.co...-arnage-t.html
Old 05-13-2007, 01:21 AM

'05 BMW M3, '09 GLK 350
The Veyron also shares its key with VW, but its far nicer - its a small thing that really adds a touch of class to a vehicle.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM

1993 190E 2.6
If the whole key was chrome. It would get figner prints. It would look "ugly". I wouldnt be practicle. And, the MB key looks good. Why change it. Unless they whent with the BMW pocket key. Looks like a credit card, stays in your pocket.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Almost a Member!

currently drive the 83 300SD
Originally Posted by PhilipM3
If the whole key was chrome. It would get figner prints. It would look "ugly". I wouldnt be practicle. And, the MB key looks good. Why change it. Unless they whent with the BMW pocket key. Looks like a credit card, stays in your pocket.
Who came out with that first??...since Mercedes-Benz has the Keyless-GO system with a card and on the newer models you still get a smart key but either one you can keep in your pocket. Mercedes switched back to the Key instead of the card on Keyless-GO systems because all functions are easier with it and you can still slap it in the ignition if you want to. Has anyone seen the New MB keys with Chrome on the sides? That looks pretty sweet to me, the buttons are still "plastic" where you press all the time so it wont get fingerprints much, but the sides are chrome so it has that HIGH CLASS look to it.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Almost a Member!

currently drive the 83 300SD
MB's key for the latest models out:

Last edited by Crazy MB Rob; 05-21-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Nothing right now- am in college.
Originally Posted by PhilipM3
If the whole key was chrome. It would get figner prints. It would look "ugly". I wouldnt be practicle. And, the MB key looks good. Why change it.
The $90,000 S Class looks good. Why change it? Let's just charge an extra $210,000 and call it a day. If I'm (I'm not) paying that amount of money for a car, I want the best key in the world. I want a special key for my special Maybach.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:33 AM

BMW 650i Vert, Lexus RX 400h, Honda Pilot
i agree that one would expect the maybach to have a sharper key then a benz, but as mentioned before bentley's key is a vw key with a special touch (the bently emblem and i belive chrome sides). the RR phantom key (which i havent seen any pic of, but id like to) ive heard is another verison of a bmw 7 series key. so its not just Maybach, all the car companies do it.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:42 PM

Daily - CL600
Here's the thing people, as Rob pointed out the standard MB key was redesigned last year to make it more elegant. This being the case, what makes you think they haven't done the same for Maybach?

Perhaps the current Maybach key looks nothing like the one MNG posted?

Think about it.

Later,
Tom

P.S. If it was to be finished all in chrome they could certainly cover it with an anti-fingerprint coating.