Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Resale Value of Maybachs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonderklasse
Resale Value of Maybachs

I'm curious as to how well Maybachs hold their values. It seems that they don't hold it as well as the Phantoms?

Because there are not blue book values for Maybachs, I am wondering how much would one expect to pay for a 2004 Maybach 62 like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

Assuming an average 10% depreciation per annum, this 5yo car should be around $210k max? Again, 10% pa can be said to be modest while some may argue that it's excessive for rare vehicles like this. It is also worth noting that there are 07 demo units being sold at up to $70k off MSRP.

Can someone in the industry shed some light?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Almost a Member!

06 COROLLA 140I
Maybachs are known to lose even up to 30% Off the first year...Definitely a car you can get for a bargain 2nd hand.....
Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 PM

I can't afford
Originally Posted by WingFlex
I'm curious as to how well Maybachs hold their values. It seems that they don't hold it as well as the Phantoms?

Because there are not blue book values for Maybachs, I am wondering how much would one expect to pay for a 2004 Maybach 62 like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

Assuming an average 10% depreciation per annum, this 5yo car should be around $210k max? Again, 10% pa can be said to be modest while some may argue that it's excessive for rare vehicles like this. It is also worth noting that there are 07 demo units being sold at up to $70k off MSRP.

Can someone in the industry shed some light?

Alot of factors come into play with the pre-dreven Maybachs. Alot of them are being exported to Europe/Rusia/Asia. 2004's are worth more because they pay less in duties/taxes to bring them in. Things like that are not something a regular buyer would know, that will affect the resale value later on.

That one will sell quick, it's the right color, year, and it has the partition which is very sought after by the exporters.